Easy Steps to Check JAMB CAPS and Accept Admission Online. A guide to check your admission status on JAMB CAPS portal and also accept or reject the offer of admission giving to you. This post has been created to provide you the steps and procedures to login to JAMB CAPS and check your JAMB admission status as well as accept/reject your admission.
JAMB CAPS Admission Status Login Link Portal 2020/2021
As mentioned above, this post contains detailed guidelines to enable you access JAMB CAPS admission portal, check admission status for 2020/2021 academic session and also accept or reject the offer of admission (if you have been offered admission by your school of choice).
Before we show you how to access JAMB CAPS portal and check your admission status, it is very important we explain what JAMB CAPS portal is all about and what it’s used for.
What is JAMB CAPS Portal?
JAMB CAPS is an acronym representing the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Central Admission Processing System. As the name implies, this is a system where all admission processing will be handled by the management while the CAPS Portal is the environment housing the features of the JAMB Central Admission processing.
This is a portal integrated on JAMB website that helps JAMB candidates to check whether they have been offered admission by their school of choice.
JAMB CAPS is the now trending word among JAMB Aspirants who applied for admission into tertiary institutions especially this period when most tertiary institutions have started selling admission forms while some may have started releasing admission list.
Uses of JAMB CAPS Portal
- Checking JAMB Admission status
- Accepting an offer of admission
- Rejecting an offer of admission
- Checking some of the details and documents uploaded on the portal during JAMB registration.
The Procedures to access the JAMB CAPS Portal for checking JAMB Admission Status can be found below.
JAMB CAPS Login: How To Login To JAMB CAPS Portal 2021
1. Visit jamb.org.ng/efacility preferably using a PC or chrome browser on mobile. when the page loads, you will be greeted with a login page as shown below.
2. Enter your login details (login email and password) you created your jamb account with. See Steps to login to JAMB profile Here.
3. If you don’t have account yet, please click on Create an Account or if you have forgotten your login details; Click on Reset Password.
4. After you have entered your correct login email and password, click on Login.
5. Once you have successfully logged in, you will see a page that looks like the one shown in the image below indicating that your login was successful.
How To Check Admission Status On JAMB CAPS 2021
- Visit JAMB portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility.
- Login to your Jamb profile with your username and password.
- After successfully logging in, scroll down then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab.
- Select your Exam year and Enter your registration number in the required columns.
- Finally, click on Check Admission Status to access your admission status.
Step By Step Guide To Check Your Admission Status
1. Now that you have successfully logged in, Scroll down the page until you see “Check Admission Status” as marked and shown in the image below.
5. Click on the “Check admission status” indicated above and wait for the page to open.
6. When the page loads, you will see another simple but a powerful page that will take you directly to the JAMB CAPS portal. The page you will see should look like the one shown in the image below.
7. Click on Access My CAPS to open the JAMB CAPS admission portal.
8. After clicking the “Access My JAMB” button, a new page that looks like the one in the image below will open.
Please note that the image shown above having JAMB CAPS home page is taken from a desktop class browser, the one for mobile browser will look similar but with hidden menu.
9. To finally check your admission status using the JAMB CAPS portal, click the “Admission Status” button shown on the left page as shown in the image above.
10. If you have been offered admission, you will see a page load up that looks like the one in the image below.
Congratulations, you have successfully checked your JAMB CAPS admission status.
How To Accept or Reject Admission on JAMB CAPS
- Before you can accept or reject admission, you must have been offered admission in the first place. After you have been offered admission, you will see the following:
- JAMB reg number,
- The school that offered you admission,
- the course you were offered admission to read,
- your UTME subject combination, and
- your admission status.
2. If you have been offered admission, you will see two button below the page with the name “Accept Admission” and “Reject Admission”.
3. Click on Accept Admission if you like the school that offered you admission and the course you were offered.
4. Click on Reject Admission if you don’t like the school that offered you admission and the course you were offered to read.
JAMB CAPS ADMISSION STATUS MESSAGES.
After following the steps outlined above in other to check if you have been offered admission on the JAMB CAPS portal, there are series of messages you are bound to see after you have input your JAMB Registration Number.
Below are the messages you will likely receive when you check your admission status using the JAMB caps and what you need to do concerning that.
If you check your admission status and what you see is admitted, then congratulations as you have been offered admission and you can now proceed to accept the admission and follow the next instruction after accepting your admission.
If after checking your admission status and you see Recommended, it means you may have been offered admission in other school other than the one you chose or an opportunity was opened for you in another school.
The Third set of message you may likely see when trying to check if you have been offered admission is Not Admitted, in this case, you have been considered for admission just yet or you will not be offered admission at all. If you see this message, you are not allowed to accept the admission.
ADMISSION IN PROGRESS, CHECK BACK LATER
If you see the above message bearing admission in progress, check back later, then it has a straight forward explanation which means that your school is yet to release they admission list or that they are still releasing the admission list.