World Health Organization Recruitment for Executive Officer 2023/2024– World Health Organization job is recruiting for a suitable candidates should kindly fill for the position of Executive Officer. Qualified and interested candidates should kindly apply for the job position below.
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Officer
Job ID: 2308468
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 1 Year
Objectives of the Programme
- To ensure that effective WHO Country presence is established to implement WHO Country Cooperation Strategies that are aligned with member States’ health agenda and harmonized with the United Nations country team Organizational context (Describe the individual role of the incumbent within the team, focusing on work environment within and outside the organization)
- The incumbent will provide support to the WHO Country Representative in planning, managing and coordinating administrative activities at the WHO Country Representative’s office.
- The incumbent will act in accordance with WHO policies, rules and regulations and within existing strategic country office frameworks in interactions with cluster, state and zonal offices as well as with external partners.
Description of Duties
- Under the overall guidance of the WHO Country Representative and direct supervision of the Operations officer, the incumbent supports the WHO Country Representative in ensuring efficient and effective management of the WHO Country Office. Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Oversee and provide the senior executive level support to the WR, ensure the timely delivery of outputs, and the preparation of regular communications between the WR and various clusters; analyze information, identify priorities, initiate responses when appropriate and ensure requisite and timely follow up on actions, monitor progress, provide regular updates to WHO Country Representative.
- Provide senior level advice and guidance to WR on technical and programmatic content of the work plan, Program budgets, edit correspondence as well as other documentation prepared for WHO Country Representative’s signature, ensuring compliance with rules, regulations and procedures and initiate responses, as appropriate.
- Manage steps and procedures related to grant management, engaging with stakeholders, interacting with cross-functional teams, in order to ensure alignment and optimum outcomes for effective grant management and performance.
- Ensure the substantive technical preparation and organization of briefings and consultations attended by the WR. Support the WR in liaising with clusters, states and zonal offices as well as with government partners and international organizations, including the UN, etc., concerning the WHO Country Representative’s agenda.
- Perform quality check functions on GSM transactions reassigned, or on request for the Country Representative’s approval.
- Provide project management in respect of activities and priorities of the office of the WR. Assist with initiatives under his/her responsibility in relation to the implementation and executive management of the office. At the mandate of the Country Representative, Supervise and participate in meetings organized by various clusters at the WCO and assist in the production of reports for such meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual reports of the WCO activities by compiling the contributions and maintain the list of addresses for documentation sharing internally and externally.
- Coordinate the administrative services of the Country Representatives Office.
- Support the WHO Country Representative in the preparation of briefing documents/materials, papers and reports for use on official trips and meetings.
- Attend meetings with the WHO Country Representative, whenever requested, prepare reports and ensure timely and efficient follow up on implementation of agreed actions.
- Support the organization of meetings, of Committees or Boards chaired by WR namely, Development Partners Group, GFATM Resource Mobilization Committee, UN Dispensary, UN Team Group on HIVIAIDS, among others. Keep updated records on all events/meetings and organize the reminder of the key actors.
- Create and update on monthly basis the master list of key activities of WCO that will include the events of partners that required WHO attention/participation and share it with the Cluster heads, technical and administrative officers;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned
- Essential: University Degree in Public Health. Candidates with a University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field may apply provided they have at least five years of relevant work experience in an international health organization from an accredited/recognized institute
- Desirable: Specialized training in planning, results-based management and/or project management would be an asset and knowledge of WHO Planning, Budgeting and Monitoring framework would be an asset. Knowledge of WHO Emergency Response Framework (ERF) would be an additional
- Essential: At least five years related experience, at the national level, in program management in a public health context.
- Desirable: Prior relevant experience working with the WHO, other UN Agency or health-sector international Organizations in planning, monitoring and evaluation. Experience in emergency settings would be an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of automated planning tools would be an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply