World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer (Human Resources for Health)
Ref No: 2304914
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 12 Months
Objectives of the Programme
- To develop and implement interventions to strengthen Human resources for health management for a strong primary health care system to achieve universal health coverage.
Description of Duties
- To support FMOH and States MOH in the establishmentand further development of best practices in the development of their human resources for health based on evidence-based policies, strategies and plans.
- To encourage and enable the dissemination of evidence-based research results, tools and best practices onHRH developments and support the developmentand maintenance of state HRH databases with reliable and accurate HRH data and information.
- To provide technical expertise to states for the development, implementation and strengthening of HRH policies and strategic plans including thedevelopment of national health information systems, National Health workforce accounts, Health labour market analysis, workload indicators of staffing needs (WISN) andestablishing and adapting existing guidelines and tools for use by memberstates and technical partners.
- Ensure full cooperation between organizations working on HRH at national, State levels with emphasis on capacity building andimproving M&E and reporting.
- To support state level implementation of Nationalpolicies and strategies on key HRH issues, and support resource mobilizationand advocacy strategies and their implementation6.
- To perform other related responsibilities asassigned, including replacing and backstopping for others as required.
- First Degree in Medicine,Social Sciences, Public health, Human Resources for Health or basic degree in health related field with a health development subject area such as health education,health communication.
- Proven expertise in human resources for health strategies as part of health systemsstrengthening complemented by a sound knowledge/experience of managing healthworkers.
- Track record in health and demographic data collection and analysis,and M&E in the field of human resources for health.
- Excellent communicationand presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to produce technical reports, documents and guidelines in a clear and concise manner with guidanceto multiple.
- Essential: At least 5 experience in the development, management and implementation of human resources for health strategies and policies at the regional, national and/or international levels, including experience working in international cooperation.
- Desirable: Post-graduate qualification or training in public health and/or health planning and management. Training or qualifications in health system strengthening. Specialization or proven skills in human resources and/or information systems management.
- Proven expertise inhuman resources for health strategies as part of health systems strengtheningcomplemented by a sound knowledge/experience of managing health workers.
- Trackrecord in health and demographic data collection and analysis, and M&E inthe field of human resources for health.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to produce technical reports,documents and guidelines in a clear and concise manner with guidance tomultiple.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
- Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN22,071,635 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th June, 2023 (10:59:00 PM).
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- The deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings