Are you interested and ready to become a UN Volunteer, do you wish to join a million others to register and become an international volunteer through any of the available opportunities cutting across a wide range of professions. UN volunteer job – available to volunteers from any part of the globe.
You can contribute your time, skills and knowledge through volunteering with the UN. This is an opportunity to create a positive impact and be a significant force for achieving peace and development. If you are looking for an opportunity to serve humanity and at the same time make a living, then apply for UN volunteer job.
All You Need To Know About UN Volunteers Program
Volunteers Program 2021 and how to apply to become a volunteer are detailed in this post as follows;
What It Involves (Why Volunteer?)
- The International UN Volunteers promote peace and development in communities around the globe, while upholding the ideals and aspirations of the United Nations.
- Volunteers come from 160 countries, representing many cultures and backgrounds. They bring a wide variety of perspectives and approaches.
- Your volunteer assignment will make a lasting impact. It can create a ripple effect that extends far beyond the immediate results of your efforts.
- As a volunteer, you will learn about different cultures, expand your networks, study foreign languages and gain matchless professional and life experiences and More.
Requirement for Becoming a UN Volunteer
The minimum requirements to serve as an international UN Volunteer or to take up the United Nations volunteer job are:
- 25 years old and older (no upper age limit)
- university degree or higher technical diploma
- at least two years of relevant work experience in a professional background
- good working knowledge of at least one of UNV’s three working languages: English, French or Spanish
- commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism
- ability to work in a multicultural environment
- willingness to work with people and local organizations to draw upon the synergies between expert solutions and local knowledge
- ability to adjust in difficult living conditions and sometimes remote locations
- strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- prior volunteering and/or working experience in a developing country is an asset
Volunteer Duration and Benefits (Service Conditions)
- International UN Volunteers assignments generally run for six to 12 months, with the possibility of extending for one to two years.
- Short-term assignments are also requested by our partners from time to time. International UN Volunteers are entitled to certain allowances. (the allowances is not salary but given for the purpose of sustenance during your service)
UN Volunteer Online Registration and Participation
Online volunteering have been crucial to upscale the impact of Youth. They are calls to become a UN online volunteer which is especially helpful during this COVID-19 period. Coming from different countries and ethnicities, these online volunteers bring a variety of skills to the table. They have applied their skills and knowledge through a range of activities, including proofreading and translating communications materials, conducting research supporting COVID-19 related efforts. You can also choose to be a UN online volunteer.
Applying for the Regional/Country UN Volunteer Job
In most cases you can apply for the UN volunteer job through the regional grouping or at the country level – your home country. At the UN volunteer login or special calls page, seven (7) regions are listed as below. Applicants will have to select any of the regions in which they have nationality or desire to volunteer.
- Arab States
- Asia and the Pacific
- East and Southern Africa
- Europe and the CIS
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- West and Central Africa
Interested Persons Should Click Here To Apply.
Please NOTE: You can find opportunities easily by checking desired country/region or simply scroll through the list of recently posted opportunities to find the ones that suits you.
Application Deadline: Varies.
For more information Visit the Official Website for Further Details
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Trending Grant and Job Vacancies
How to be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates for FREE