Paystack Nigeria Recruitment for Senior Counsel, Nigeria – Apply Here. Paystack Nigeria is now inviting applications for a Senior Counsel. Interested and qualified persons should check the article below to see how to apply and the requirements.
Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Counsel, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidate must be able to work with a wide range of teams, including fraud/disputes, human resources, finance, sales, products, engineers, and customer support, and provide pragmatic advice and guidance to build sustainable growth.
- The role will report to the Legal and Regulatory Lead. Ideally, the candidate should be based in Nigeria with the ability to travel when required.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the legal, regulatory, and compliance team to proactively identify the company’s obligations based on financial/payment rules and regulations.
- Assist with drafting and amending contractual templates and precedents for Paystack’s teams and business partners e.g., indemnity letters, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, various categories of merchant services agreements, electronic processing agreements with telcos or mobile money operators, web aggregator agreements and HR-related contracts.
- Organize and attend Board Meetings, prepare minutes, and liaise and maintain correspondence with the Company Secretary to ensure timely statutory filings
- Work with the compliance team to translate obligations into policies and procedures to be communicated and implemented across the organization.
- Represent Paystack at meetings with regulators and work with the regulatory team to establish relationships that align with our objectives and ensure an open line of communication with regulators.
- Work with the legal team to assess changes made to Paystack’s products and services and determine any regulatory impact on existing market operations.
- Support knowledge and education across the organization to ensure compliance with policies and procedures. This will entail working with HR and the legal team.
- Assist with license applications and regulatory approvals which may arise from time to time depending on the company’s plans and advise the board on appropriate approach and strategy based on knowledge dealing with regulators.
- Work with external counsel in multiple jurisdictions to draft and review a wide variety of commercial contracts, policies, and procedures and provide practical, business-oriented advice to the Paystack team.
- Drive communication between the teams at Paystack and external counsel to conclude transactions, opinions, and legal reviews promptly. Consider risks from a variety of angles to achieve compliant solutions.
- Advise on potential litigation matters (civil & criminal) that should be directed to external counsel and initiate and pursue legal proceedings on behalf of the Company with the assistance of external counsel
Requirements and Qualifications
- You have at least 8 years of experience in a legal or compliance function, advising clients on day-to-day legal matters as a qualified lawyer.
- Proven ability to research, interpret, and summarize legal requirements in easily understood terms; and determine the regulatory impact of such requirements to business initiatives.
- Capable of handling multiple assignments simultaneously and under tight deadlines.
- French would be an advantage, but not required.
- Your knowledge of the finance and/or payment industry is well-established.
- You must be forward-thinking and able to advise management on anticipated issues.
- You have interpersonal skills, specifically, you will be able to connect with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and customers from varying disciplines and cultures.
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey legal advice clearly and synthesize complex legal issues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Recommended for you – International Medical Corps (IMC) Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here