Npower has now been renamed to Hope Skills Acquisition Programme – This article explains why FG renewed or rebranded Npower to Hope Skills Acquisition Programme. This update emphasized more on the new hope for Npower and general updates on Npower rebranding.
In today’s Latest Npower News, the federal government has rebranded the Npower Programme To Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme.
The new Minister of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty alliviation Dr Betta Edu has been working to restore the lost glory of the Npower programme since she was sworn as Minister.
Lately, the Npower programme which was initiated by the Buhari Administration has received backlash on poor management. The Beneficiaries are being owed 8 months of unpaid stipends.
In view of this, the Honourable Minister stated that the Npower programme has totally been overhauled and will be upgraded so that the Beneficiaries can be truly empowered and Nigeria youths be engaged.
Dr. Betta Edu says that it will not be business as usual! there will be no sleeping on duty under the AC in the office. We will take the Programmes to the field for those in need to benefit.
To make this possible, the Honourable Minister Dr Betta Edu, announces the following appointments in line with President Tinubu’s directive to restructure the social safety net Programme to address the expanded mandate of the ministry.
The appointed persons will join her team in implementing President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda aimed at providing succour to those affected by humanitarian crises and eradicating multi-dimensional poverty In Nigeria:
1) National Coordinator NASSCO- Hon Abdulaziz Danladi
2) National Cash Transfer Office NCTO: Head of the office – Dr Micheal Ajuluchukwu/p>
3) NCTO Deputy Head of Office: Dr Janet Ekpenyong
4) National Programme Manager, Youth Empowerment Empowerment and Social Support Operations (YESSO) – Richard Romanus
5) National Communication manager NSIP – Hon Jamalu kaburu
6) National Programme Manager, Renewed Hope Shelter Programme for Refugees, Poor and Internally Displaced Persons- Hon Chidinma Makuachukwu
7) National Programme manager, Grant For Vulnerable groups – Hon Thalis Apalowo
8) Programme Manager, At Risk Children Programme- Hajia Salia Sanusi Yusuff
9) National Programme Manager, National Homegrown School Feeding Programme (Renewed Hope Home Grown School feeding and End Hunger programme)- Hon Mrs Obande
10) Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (Renewed Hope MSME Loan Programme)- Hon Dr Joseph Nkang.
11) Programme manager- N-Power Programme (Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme – Dr Akindele Adekunle Egbuwalo
12) Renewed Hope IDP Refugees out of School Programme (National Alternate School Programme )- Dr Mrs Etcheri Ansa
13) National Project Manager, Community and Social Development Programme- Hon Olubunmi Bello
The Honourable Minster of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Dr. Betta Edu, remains the Chairman, of the National Social Safety Net Coordinating Office(NASSCO) Management Team, while the Secretary of NASSCO Management team is Hon Abel Enitan, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation.
The Minister charges the new appointees to bring their wealth of experience to bear in their new offices as there will be no room for excuses or failure, in the actualization of the Renewed Hope mandate and in moving Nigeria Forward.