The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund Recruitment for Supply Associate 2023 -The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund job company is currently going on for all interested and qualified candidates should kindly apply for the position below.
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. defend their rights. help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Associate, GS6, Abuja, TA – (9 months)
Job no: 565998
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Supply Management
How Can You Make a Difference?
- Under the supervision of the Supply Specialist, the Supply Associate provides a broad range of transactional, procedural and administrative tasks in support of the efficient supply and procurement of the country office, ensuring timely and efficient output that is in compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
Summary of key Functions / Accountabilities
- Receives supply requisitions, ensuring accuracy of specifications of items, and confirms availability of funds, obtaining additional information from the programme sections as necessary. Monitors assigned requisitions to ensure completion of procurement actions in a timely manner.
- Obtains quotations, issues invitation to bids to approved and listed suppliers; arranges and participates in bid openings with the Supply Manager, compiles price tabulations with price ratings and recommendations for order placement, prepares CRC submissions for finalization by the Supply Manager.
- Corresponds with programme Sections/Field offices and suppliers on supply and procurement matters.
- Maintains purchase order/contract files with all required procurement documentation (POs, invoices, delivery receipts, payment requests, correspondence, etc).
- Responsible for conducting local market surveys on ongoing basis.
- Correspond with offshore suppliers when required and Copenhagen for standard warehouse items and obtain LPA when required
- Conduct market research for new products and new supplier source as well as updating new product technology.
- Generates and compiles a variety of warehouse reports from vision and monitoring reports from the supply dashboard/pipeline reports.
- Ensures continuous availability of data related to procurement, including forecasting, requisitions received, orders placed, incoming goods, actual delivery schedules. Prepares periodic reports, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Drafts submissions to Contract Review Committee.
- Maintains supplier database and files with full information, in accordance with UNICEF supply guidelines.
- Prepares Direct Orders (Purchase Orders) against existing Long Term Arrangements (LTA) ensuring that the LTA has valid quantities and lead-time meets requirements
- Quality control and ensure accuracy of UNITRACK generated stock reports and monthly reconciliation of stock inventory reports from different offices. Prepares monthly stock reports on management performance indicators for warehousing operations.
- Completion of Secondary School Education is required, with courses / certifications in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Procurement or logistics considered as an advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative and/or supply-related work experience (procurement, supply or logistics) is required.
- Familiarity with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply