The WARC Travel Grant promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to African scholars and graduate students for research visits to other institutions and regions on the continent.
The WARC Travel Grant provides travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500.
Travel grant funds may be used to:
– visit libraries or archives located in Africa with resources necessary to the applicant’s academic work
– engage in collaborative work with colleagues at another African institution
– travel to a research site in Africa
- This competition is open only to West African nationals, with priority given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions
- Abstract (50-80 words) of proposed activity with a clear statement of purpose
- Project/Research description (6 double-spaced pages maximum) including why travel is necessary (must be in language understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Proposed budget
- Curriculum vitae (with research and teaching record)
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport (must be a West African national)
- All applications must be submitted online in PDF documents
- All applicants must have a recommendation letter.
- If visiting another institution:
– invitation from host institution
- If travel is to consult archives or other materials:
– a description of the collections to be consulted and their significance to the applicant’s research
- If you are a graduate student:
– letter of recommendation from professor overseeing your research
Please address inquiries to
West African Research Center/Centre de Recherche Ouest Africaine
For More Information:
Application Deadline: September 30, 2023