Nestoil is Nigeria’s largest indigenous Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning (EPCC) Company in the Oil and Gas sector and has been a significant contributor to local content in the industry since inception about 30 years ago.
With about 2,000 direct employees, Nestoil continues to redefine industry standards in Pipeline Construction, Repairs and Maintenance with associated facilities for Dredging, River Crossing and Shoreline Protection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Petroleum Engineering Team Lead
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this role, you will work with other job functions in Asset Development, Engineering & Major Capital Projects, Operations, and other units to maximize the value of Neconde Energy Limited’s oil and gas reserves and resources.
- Activities include field development planning, performance monitoring, reserves assessments, reservoir and well modelling, production forecasting, identification of well intervention and drilling opportunities, and economic evaluation.
As a Petroleum Engineering Team Lead, you will:
- Work with other disciplines to carry out annual reviews of and updates to oil and gas reserves to ensure estimates are reliable.
- Provide timely requisite reports for statutory and business needs.
- Provide operational guidance to the activities of Reservoir Engineering, Geoscience, Well Engineering, G&G services and technical support.
- Manage production and cost forecasting for business planning.
- Supervise the planning of drilling activities for reservoir development and contribute in the preparation of the Drilling/Workover plans
- Mentor less experienced personnel
- While working closely with other disciplines, carry out petroleum engineering aspects of oil developments. This includes:
- Nodal analysis to estimate well production potentials.
- Material balance modelling.
- Reservoir simulation modelling.
- Reservoir fluid Pressure-Volume-Temperature (PVT) modelling.
- Surface facility modelling.
- Working closely with earth scientists to understand geologic uncertainties and ensure they are incorporated in reservoir models.
- Selecting appropriate ranges of key uncertainties to achieve high confidence uncertainty ranges in forecast reservoir performance.
- Optimizing the number and type of wells and completion types.
- Interfacing with facility and drilling engineers to evaluate alternative facility and well configurations.
- The use of economic models to estimate economic outcomes.
- Work with economic analysts to rank well drilling opportunities to ensure that the most profitable opportunities are drilled earliest when practical.
- Work with engineers working on oil assets to coordinate the development of oil rims and gas caps in reservoirs with thin oil rims and large gas caps.
- Visit field locations to become familiar with oil production and gas processing assets, and for other reasons related to responsibilities.
- Participate in formulating conceptual development plans of exploration opportunities, estimating the corresponding investment and production potential, and the resulting economic value.
- Prepare and update Field Development Plans and participate in securing Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) approval.
- Meet with officials of NUPRC as required to obtain well intervention, well drilling and project approvals. Provide information and clarity on projects, or any other issues that may arise.
- Meet with personnel of NNPC E&P Limited (NEPL) – our JV partners – as required to reach alignment on projects, or any other issues that may arise.
- Participate in the computation of flare numbers to ensure that they are accurate. Recommend the installation of meters where required.
- Participate in the joint venture budget review process with our partners.
- Ensure timely compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Participate in reserves and production forecast reviews by consultants.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your manager.
What are we looking for?
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well organized with the ability to perform amidst competing tight deadlines.
- Relevant professional membership (e.g., Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), etc.)
- Minimum of 10 years of subsurface oil and gas industry experience.
- Basic understanding of geosciences
- Probabilistic Analysis of reservoir volumes
- Subsurface Uncertainty Analysis and Management
- Familiarity with well and reservoir modelling software
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th August, 2023.