Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) – Founded in 2009, PLAC is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit capacity building organisation that works to strengthen democratic governance and citizens’ participation in Nigeria.
Through broad-based technical assistance and training, PLAC works to promote citizens’ engagement with government institutions and to advocate for legal and policy reforms and promote transparency and accountability in policy and decision-making processes.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Legislative Internship Programme 2023
Location: Abuja, FCT
Duration of Internship: September 2023 – December 2023
- Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) is implementing a 10-week long fulltime internship programme with support from the European Union (EU) for young Nigerians who wish to gain knowledge of legislative practices and processes.
- At least a First Degree from a Tertiary Institution in any discipline
- Completed NYSC
- Good English writing and speaking skills
- Good computer skills
- Aged between 21 and 35 years.
- Only stipends to cover transportation and lunch costs within Abuja will be provided. Other logistics expenses will be borne by the intern.
- It is advised that prospective Interns be able to reside within Abuja or bear the cost of residing in Abuja throughout the duration of the internship as PLAC will not provide accommodation.
Application Closing Date
9th August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Complete the web application form and upload their CV in Microsoft Work format and save in their name including their State of Origin in their CV
- Complete the web Application Form and upload your CV in Microsoft Word format and saved in your name. Include your state of origin in your CV.
- A “Statement of Interest/Purpose” explaining the importance of your participation in the internship should be included at the bottom of their CV – in the same document. The CV section should not be more than two-pages long while the Statement of Purpose should not exceed 300 words.
- Complete the accompanying pre-screening Assessment Form.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Applications sent after this date or in breach of the application procedure will not be considered.
- The Internship provides for equal opportunity participation. Eligible persons from across Nigeria are encouraged to apply.