The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa.
The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Support Coordinator
- The Graduate Support Coordinator is charged with the responsibility of working closely with individual program areas to ensure that program operations function in compliance with AUN Graduate School standard operating procedures.
The duties shall include but not limited to:
- informing and keeping the program’s faculty and students up to date with new and current graduate studies policies, procedures, and requirements as prescribed in the School of Graduate Studies Catalog.
- Maintaining a wide variety of graduate school materials (e.g. inventory of graduate school catalogue, application and website location, test score, letter of recommendation etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of materials for internal use and distribution, as required.
- Serving, as appropriate, as a first point of contact in support of graduate students and faculty members who are seeking resolution to graduate-related challenges.
- Providing information to applicants (when appropriate) and graduate students, both newly-accepted and continuing, on all aspects of the program(s): admission requirements, funding, procedures and deadlines.
- Assisting the Dean in program reviews to ensure successful accreditation and facilitates activities at the school level.
- Maintaining record of Graduate School program, and course assessment through development of learning objectives, appropriate strategies, and feedback.
- Supporting high quality graduate education by serving as the Graduate School representative on dissertation defenses or on scholarship review committees managed by the Graduate School.
Requirements for the Position
- A Master’s Degree or good First Degree in any Arts or Social Science disciplines from a recognized University.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional level experience in a University’s graduate school providing graduate support services.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others.
- Possess great organizational skills and planning.
- Possess strong organizational and people skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a multicultural campus environment.
- Should possess strong written and oral communications skills
- Should be proficient in the use of Information and Communications Technology tools and e-resources.
- AUN is an equal-opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion, and marital status. For more information on AUN, explore www.aun.edu.ng
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 21st June, 2023.