British Council Recruitment – Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates for the position of Account Manager. Interested persons should read the requirements and apply below.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Pay Band: BRC-6-F
Contract Type: Indefinite Contract
- The purpose of this role is to build relationships, identify needs and enhance opportunities with key accounts to meet business related targets.
- The role holder is also required to proactively resolve issues, add value, and ensure delivery on expectations.
- Daily the role executes the country key account strategy and plan.
- Carries out routine monitoring and standard reporting on commercial data involving sales, profitability and/or co-funding and sponsorship opportunities using an agreed set of corporate processes, techniques, and report templates.
- Using standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity levels and performance data, to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs
- Contributes data as required, to enable the development and distribution of high quality, customer, and market-focused marketing collateral
- Builds relationships and uses influence to work with others internally to grow the business.
- Ensures product/sector knowledge is up to date and forward thinking
- Provides account / country specific input into market intelligence activities, innovation, and business development/marketing plan/targets
- Value adds account extension, cross sell, and retention
- Manages and delivers in year Account Plan
- Develops out of year Account Plan
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience of managing relationships with account clients
- Designing and implementing business development or marketing plans in an education sector context.
- Experience of working with UK exam boards.
- Proven experience of building relationships, identifying needs, and enhancing opportunities with key accounts to meet business related targets.
- University Degree in any subject or relevant qualification
- Familiarity with school exams (CIE/Edexcel).
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Role may require regular domestic travel.
NGN10,989,828,00 per annum plus benefits
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
2nd April, 2023 (23:59 South Africa Time).