How to Register for NYSC as a Married Woman [Requirements and Documents] |NYSC registration requirements for married women | How to register for NYSC as a married woman | Step by step guide for NYSC registration for married woman – This article contains all you need to know about the procedures involved in registering for NYSC Batch A, Batch B or Batch C as a married woman.
NYSC Registration Guide for Married Women – List of all documents needed to apply successfully
It will interest you to know that NYSC allows married female corps members to serve in the same state where their husband lives. This is called ‘concessional deployment.
Concessional deployment allows you as a married woman to serve in the same state, city, local govt or even town that your husband reside.
Please ensure you follow the steps we are going to be showing you properly.
Five (5) things that can make NYSC not to post you where your husband lives
- If you do not indicate your marital status as ‘married’ during online registration;
- When you select ‘Miss’ instead of ‘Mrs’ as your title during online registration;
- If you have incomplete marriage documents to prove that your are married.
- When you upload a document in place of another. i.e uploading your husband’s ID in place of Marriage certificate.
- If you upload documents that are not very clear. Please, use a good scanner device.
What to do before NYSC Online Registration as Married Woman
- You must ensure your name is on JAMB Matriculation list for NYSC Mobilization Here.
- If you need to do JAMB Regularization, ensure you have done it properly.
- Pay all your fees and dues in school.
- Ensure you Check your name on nysc senate list here.
Documents Needed for NYSC Registration for married women
Married female prospective corps members (whether locally or foreign-trained) should upload copies of their
- Marriage Certificates- You must present a certificate to know that you are legally married.
- Evidence of Change of name- You must upload any newspaper publication that shows you changed your name to your husband name.
The orientation camp is highly not ideal for pregnant and nursing mothers. Prospective corps members in this category are therefore to note that they will not be accommodated.
- Evidence of state of residence of husband/domicile letter: You can get this from the local government where your husband is presently living.
- Husband’s Id card: This can be your husband’s driving license, national Id card, voters’ card or international passport.
- Letter from employer/Utility bills: It can be any of the following; electricity bill, waste bill, water bill, telecom bill, TV subscription bill, and so on.
- Wedding pictures: You may be required to upload a wedding picture of you, your husband and other relations.
All the documents stated above must be uploaded where applicable on the NYSC portal during online registration.
Once confirmed to be genuine by the NYSC management, you will be posted to where your husband resides.
If NYSC posts you to a place far from your husband residence, you can re-apply for re-posting and redeployment at camp based on marital ground.
How to Register for NYSC as a Married Woman
- Go to the NYSC Online Portal via portal.nysc.org.ng
- Create an account with a valid email.
- Go to the email and confirm account
- Proceed to input all required information
How to be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates for FREE