Umaru Musa Yar’adua University Recruitment 2021/2022 Latest Job Vacancies – This is to inform the general that Umaru Musa Yar’adua Job Recruitment application form is out. Easy steps to apply online.
Umaru Musa Yar’adua University Recruitment 2021/2022 Latest Job Vacancies
Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina was established by the Katsina State Law No 7 of 2006 as amended by Law No. 2 of 2009.
Umaru Musa Yar’adua University aspires to be one of the best Universities in Nigeria with an established reputation for high quality teaching and research and innovative learning delivery techniques and to be in full harmony with its host community as the formulator of its hopes and aspirations and the promoter of its core cultural and spiritual values.
The Management of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina on behalf of the Governing Council, is hereby soliciting for applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Finance Officer of the University. He/she is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for:
- Day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- Advising on the financial policies, budgeting, disbursement of funds, purchasing and contracts;
- Preparation and presentation of annual estimates, planning, control and periodic evaluation of University accounting and treasury service, including investment of funds;
- Preparation and updating of Manual of Financial Procedures; and
- Carrying out other duties as may be assigned and provide professional and community service.
Qualification and Experience
Candidate for this post should:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting not below second class from a recognized University;
- Be a full member of any recognized Professional Accountancy Body such as ICAN, ANAN, ACCA;
- Possess NYSC discharge/exemption certificate;
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience, five (5) years of which must be in top Management position, preferably at Deputy Bursar’s level in a public tertiary institution;
- Be able to demonstrate ability to formulate and implement financial policies and produce manual of University financial procedures;
- Be a computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages and;
- Be of good character.
- Possession of any relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and the coordination of all library services in the University.
- For the vacant post, the University seeks candidates with vision, proven academic distinction, managerial ability, integrity and requisite professional skills and competences.
- The candidate must be innovative and should understand the nature and dynamics of the best practices in the provision of academic library services.
Other duties include:
- Operations of the University’s Library and its constituent units;
- Framing and operating all Library Policy,
- Maintaining contact and liaison with departments;
- Preparation of Library budgets;
- Engaging in matters of common interest for the benefit of readers and users of the Library materials.
- Establishing policy of library exchange
- Carrying out other duties as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess a good honours degree with Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or related field from a recognized University;
- A Doctorate Degree in Library and Information Science or related field will be an added advantage;
- Candidate must be certified by the Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) or Nigerian Library Association (NLA).
- Candidate is expected to be Computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications as applicable to running a modern University Library;
- Candidate must also have at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in an academic library.
- A strong evidence of substantial number of scholarly publications both in quality and quantum in reputable international and national journals is required.
- Candidate must be capable of providing academic and administrative leadership.
- The candidate should not be older than sixty (60) years at the time of assumption of duty.
Conditions of Service
Salary, allowances and other conditions of service attached to the position are the same with the approved salary structure for Federal Universities in Nigeria.
How to Apply for Umaru Musa Yar’adua University Recruitment
Interested candidates are required to complete University employment form (which is to be acquired in the Bursary Department) with 15 copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae with Photocopies of all Credentials and Certificates. All Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with envelop marked “Post of Bursar, UMYU” addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
2nd Floor, Engr. Musa Daji Abdullahi Senate Building,
Umaru Musa Yar’adua University,
Each applicant must provide names and addresses of three (3) referees (two of whom must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields) who must be requested by the applicant to forward confidential reports on them.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 2nd March, 2021.
- FGN Survival Fund Guaranteed Off Take Fund – Register Now
- BOI/CBN Loan and Intervention Fund Form Portal – Apply Now
- Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment 2021/2022 Latest Job Vacancies
- Embassy of Ireland Nigeria Recruitment 2021/2022 Latest Job Vacancies
- How to Register for FGN Survival Fund Guaranteed Off Take Fund Stimulus Scheme
- How to Apply for FG, Timiiafrica $5,000 Grant for Youths
- Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Business/Company Registration
- Shell Recruitment 2021/2022 Application Form Portal | www.shell.com.ng
How to be updated regularly
Kindly subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates for FREE