UNICEF Job Recruitment 2020/2021 – This is to inform the general public that United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Job Recruitment is currently ongoing for interested and qualified candidates. Apply for this Job HERE
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TA Health Manager (Polio and Vaccine Management), P4
Job Number: 532575
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
- Under the direct guidance of the Senior Health Manager, Health Section, Abuja, the incumbent manages the supply, cold-chain, and logistics operations of the immunization program delivery including for Polio campaigns, services, supply and logistic, processes and systems, requiring advanced professional technical mastery and expertise in support of operations and programme objectives
- Accountable for effective planning, procurement, distribution, monitoring and inventory management of immunization program supplies, in support of the Health Section and, among other, polio eradication.
- Plan and provide technical support/guidance to the preparation/design and conduct/update of Situation Analysis to establish a comprehensive/updated strategic plan for development, design and management of health-related programs.
- Works with National Strategic Cold Store (NSCS), National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) and National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Authority Provides technical advice on specifications, supply and logistics arrangements facilitating cost-effective efficient procurement, customs clearance, inventory management and distribution of oral polio vaccine, in support of the country programme implementation
- Ensure that VSLs and logisticians from other partners provide oversight of the final counting of opened and unopened vials at LGA and State level and support resident VSLs to provide evidence of destruction of mOPV2 vials, obtain copy of certificate of destruction and submit to country office.
- He/ She deputizes Chief Polio on various forums at NPHCDA and NEOC including strategic group meeting.
- Liaise with NEOC on submission of Form A and Vaccine Utilization Report (VUR) and analyse it before submission of VUR and copy of signed Form A to RO within 15 days of implementation. In the event of delayed submission of signed Form A from the NEOC, the CO will submit unsigned Form A.
Qualifications and Requirements
- An Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in Public Health / Nutrition, Pediatric Health, Family Health, Health Research, Global / International Health, Health Policy and / or Management, Environmental Health Sciences, Biostatistics, Socio-Medical, Health Education, Epidemiology or other health related sciences is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in public health / Polio eradication planning and management and / or in relevant areas of maternal and neonatal health care, health emergency / humanitarian preparedness, at the international level some of which preferably in a developing country is required. Prior experience in vaccine management will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
- Leading and supervising
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Relating and networking
- Deciding and Initiating action
- Applying technical expertise
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process