Deputy High Commission of Canada to Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020 Application Form is ongoing .Deputy High Commission of Canada to Nigeria invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Common Services Assistant
Job Ref: 3726
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Vacancy type: Term/Indeterminate
Term Details: This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Nigeria.
Summary of Position
- The Common Service Assistant (LE-05) provides administrative support and services and is responsible for the provision of documents, information and a variety of administrative services in support of more than one of the following areas: protocol, logistics, human resources, finance, material management, procurement and contracting processes.
- Given the regional focus of Common Services, the incumbent supports administrative interactions and proactive cooperation between the Deputy High Commission based in Lagos, Common Services Delivery Point (CSDP) in Brussels and the High Commission of Canada in Abuja. Other responsibilities include developing and maintaining a network of contacts, including government, non-governmental organizations and private companies.
- Planning events and project management support. The CSA responds to service requests from clientele and performs other duties as required. The CSA reports to the Common Services Officer (CSO) or the Management Consular Officer (MCO).
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree or a Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized university / polytechnic with a major in a discipline related to the job requirements (e.g. human resources management, administration, business administration, finance, accounting, economics, political science, computer studies, sociology, business international relations, international studies, foreign languages and literature)
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Minimum 3 years’ recent relevant work experience within the last 5 years working in an office environment providing administrative support services.
- Experience in either finance/accounting OR in human resources
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point) and internet browsers for at least 3 years.
- The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
- Knowledge of basic financial procedures and practices;
- Knowledge of event management;
- Knowledge of Finance/Accounting practices
- Knowledge of HR practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to learn quickly;
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task and manage time/workload effectively;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Be action oriented and demonstrate initiative;
- Client focus;
- Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
- Knowledge of French (oral and written)
- Experience working for a diplomatic mission or an international organization
- Knowledge of Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba or Pidgin
- Experience in HR administration and payroll preparation
- Normal working hours are 37.5 per week Mondays to Thursdays (08:00 to 16:30) and Fridays (08:00 – 13:30)
- Some overtime required (on week days and/or during weekends if job demands)
- Some occasional travel may be necessary
Condition(s) of Employment
- Nigerian citizen or legally able to work at the High Commission of Canada in Nigeria. (Please note The High Commission does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly).
- Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local Nigerian address as proof of residence so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
- Obtain and maintain a Reliability Status (security clearance) from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period. This includes a criminal and credit background check.
Area of Selection
- Open to internal and external applicants who are legal residents or citizens of Nigeria, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Please note that the High Commission Canada in Abuja, Nigeria does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly.
- The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
N6,090,382 Nigerian Naira annually
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2019 at 23:59 UTC/GMT
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates are required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include the requested documents or information in the CV or cover letter will be rejected. Any additional information must be included as part of these two attachments.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: LESglobalstaffing-HLDC@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
Eligibility Instructions (to be included in cover letter):
- Assessment questions have been included for candidates to complete and include in their cover letters along with the application. In order to be considered for the position, please note that candidates must answer all questions (#1 and #2). Please include the information in paragraph form. Responses must be your original work, and cannot use text from the internet or other sources. Applications using copied text will be disqualified.
- You will be assessed on your spelling, grammar and effective communication on the application and further along in the process if you’re screened in. Applications not including responses to these questions will be screened out.
Note: Applications that do not include the Candidate Assessment Questions will not be considered.**
Question #1 (750 words maximum):
- Please describe what experience you have in either finance/accounting or in human resources.
Question #2 (750 words maximum):
- Describe a situation where you had to provide excellent client service in a previous job.
- Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
- Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
- The High Commission of Canada in Nigeria does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
- The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the High Commission of Canada in Nigeria which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.
On-Going Federal Government Scholarship 2019/2020
For Your Daily Update Join Us Here
- Subscribe to the site www.joecrackconcept.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here