JAMB officially releases cut-off mark for all tertiary institutions – The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB 2019 official cut-off marks for University, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education has been officially released. See below for more information.
Official Jamb 2019/2020 Cut-off For All Universities, Polytechnics, and College of Educations
The JAMB board has announced 160 as the admission cut-off mark for Universities and 120 for Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and all other certificate awarding institutions.
This update was made in a 19th policy meeting on admissions to tertiary institutions in Nigeria on Tuesday, June 11, in Gbongan, Osun, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
JAMB also approved 19th December, 2019 for close of admission into public universities and 15th February, 2020 for private universities.
Although the official cutoff mark for Universities is set at 160, some schools might decide to set their own cutoff.
JAMB Releases Withheld JAMB Results 2019
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has said that it has released the withheld results of 15,490 candidates, who participated at its April 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
The board made the disclosure in a statement signed by the board’s Head of Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin, on Monday in Lagos State.
It said that the results released on Saturday were part of the 34,120 it withheld while announcing the release of the results on May 11.
JAMB had during the release of the 2019 UTME results on Saturday, May 11, stressed that it would further probe the identity and involvement of some candidates who were suspected of being involved in one examination infraction or the other.
As a result of this, the board has further cleared and released the results of 15,490 candidates in this category.
This release follows the expert review of the cases in this category of candidates who were requested to upload certain credentials for scrutiny.
JAMB officials said that at the conclusion of the review, these candidates were further classified into five groups.
It said that the first group were candidates who were sufficiently innocent.
The second was that of candidates with inconclusive evidence of culpability and were given the benefit of the doubt because of the board’s guiding principles, that it was better to let go many criminals than to punish one innocent person.
NAN reports that the board recently released results of candidates earlier cleared of wrongdoings and also conducted fresh examinations in two centres, Abuja and Otuoke in Bayelsa, where it was convinced of a genuine need to examine 490 candidates who had missed the April examination due to communication lapses.
The board said in the statement that candidates whose uploaded evidence necessitated further interrogations had been notified and invited through telephone calls, UTME profiles, SMS and emails to designated centres for further clarification on the evidence against them.
“It is in their interest to attend or such evidence will be taken as conclusive.
“There are also those whose culpability has been firmly established, necessitating cancellation of their results.
According to the board, results of additional 321 candidates have been conclusively cancelled and the affected persons notified. It said that the other categories of candidates were those who did not heed to advice to upload evidence of their identities vis-a-vis the other impersonators, adding that there was clear evidence of their culpability.
JAMB announce UTME Cut-off marks for 2019/2020 Admission
Post UTME/JAMB Cut off Mark 2019 For All Universities, Polytechnics & Colleges of Education is Out
Latest updates on JAMB 2019 Results- JAMB Blacklist 116 Exam Centres Based on Examination Malpractice
For more Updates on JAMB News:
- Subscribe to the site www.joecrackconcept.com using your Email address. Subscription is totally FREE
- LIKE our Facebook page for direct updates
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for updates
- In case of any issue or challenge or questions, Click Here