World Health Organization (WHO) is the coordinating power for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on health matters globally, influencing the health research program, setting norms and principles, articulating proof-based strategy options, providing scientific support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill these positions:
Job Title: NPO – Surveillance Executive
Job ID: 1702301
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 12 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- To set up AFP supervision for monitoring wild poliovirus transmission;
- To end the wild spread of poliovirus and achieve polio eradication in Nigeria;
- To strengthen regular immunization and lessen morbidity and death from vaccine preventable diseases;
- To accomplish accelerated disease control through supplemental activities e.g. measles SIAs;
- To reinforce integrated disease surveillance and response (IDSR).
- Form a reporting network to make stronger AFP inspection;
- Provide practical support in planning, execution, monitoring and estimation of supplemental immunization activities (e.g. polio, measles etc.) to develop quality;-
- Provide technical support in planning, implementation and monitoring of routine vaccination activities to increase coverage;
- Provide practical support in planning and monitoring of integrated disease surveillance and response activities (IDSR).
- Vital: A Degree in Medicine (MBBS, MBChB, MD)
- Advantageous: Post graduate degree in Public Health if possible in epidemiology or other related public health fields
- Essential: Some years field knowledge in EPI activities after post graduate qualification in government or non-governmental organizations
- Desirable: Experience in an international organization
- The current should have understanding and skills in planning, management, monitoring and valuation.
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effectual use of funds
- Motivating the Organization’s Position in Health Management
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of French.
- Desirable: The above language requirements are interchangeable.
- payment comprises a yearly base salary starting at NGN18,590,296 (subject to compulsory deductions for pension contributions and health assurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online