The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries.
Massive Recruitment at United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) -We are looking for interested suitable and qualified candidates to fill the following positions listed below;
UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Executive Officer, NOB
Job Number: 510339
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
Job Organizational Context
- The Job Profile for the Executive Officer at the NO-2 level is to be used in a UNICEF country office to manage the Front Office for Country Representative and Deputy Representative.
Purpose for the Job
- This is a professional position requiring extensive experience in administration and coordination with exceptional analytical and communication skills and the ability to effectively engage in a wide degree of creativity and latitude in developing and coordinating projects on behalf of/which the Representative and Deputy Representative.
- The executive officer oversees and manages the flow and exchange of information, streamlines interactions with key constituents and facilitates initiatives on behalf of the front office.
- It requires the use of considerable judgement and independent action and may include the delegation of work to others.
- It also involves a high level of discretion and often requires the use and handling of confidential information.
- This position performs professional and confidential special project functions and acts as a point of contact between Senior Management and staff or other stakeholders.
Summary of Key Functions/Accountabilities
Support both the office of the Country Representative and the Deputy Representative in coordinating activities, performing research, and preparing briefings and position papers. Coordinate weekly meetings and conferences as may be required. Take notes to record discussions and prepare minutes and memoranda for the records. Maintain records and track the status of the Country Representative and Deputy Representative action items, including their calendars. Analyze and collect information in support of milestone activities. Produce a variety of substantive and/or routine documents, correspondence, letters etc.
Make various administrative arrangements for the work of the Country Representative, the Deputy Representative and other officials/visitors, including travel, appointments, meetings, official social events, press conferences and interviews. Coordinate the schedule of the of the Representative and the Deputy Representative; arrange appointments, book meeting rooms, clear invoices for payments, produce/collect and disseminate documentation.
Organise and maintain both the offices of the Representative and Deputy Representative, prioritizing communications, establishing office and file systems logging and tracking systems, mail and contact listing. Identify the need for equipment and supplies and establish and maintain collections of documentation, records and reports. Identify, request and screen materials for the collection. Conduct substantive searches and indexes materials.
Provide high level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests and performing administrative functions such as preparing correspondences and drafting meeting minutes; receiving visitors; arranging conference calls; and scheduling meetings; including meetings of the senior management team. Acts as Secretary of the senior management team.
Respond to a wide variety of general and substantive queries for information from internal clients, governmental and non-governmental partners. Screen requests, respond if possible or refer to a wide range of possible sources within and outside the country office.
Select and compile background and briefing materials for meetings, travel, conferences, fundraising etc. for the need of the Country Representative, the Deputy Representatives and other officials as requested. Undertake topical research and compile information from multiple sources.
Impact of Results:
- Efficient management of the activities of the office of Country Representative and Deputy Representative in all critical aspects of work planning, office coordination and review of request for the management decisions.
- Activities and priorities of the Representative and Deputy Representative coordinated and highlighted in discussion with the CO.
- University degree in Communication, Administration, Public Affairs, Social Sciences, International Relations, Public Administration, Law or other related discipline is required.
- Minimum 2 years of professional work experience in administration, office management, external relations, public affairs or international development cooperation, preferable within a UN, national or an international organization, government or NGO. Prior experience of working in coordination and planning an asset.
- Fluency in English required.
- Fluency in another UN language will be an asset.
Competencies and Level of Proficiency Required (please base on UNICEF Competency Profiles)
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Analyzing (I)
- Learning & Researching (I)
- Planning and organizing (III)