Jumia Job-Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services.
It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Presently we need to recruit talented people with a drive and passion for emerging markets in Africa to be a part of our team and begin an exciting journey in the position stated below:
Job Position: Program Lead, Product Quality
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
The Program Lead, Product Quality:
- That customer receives original and safe products that surpass their expectations.
- Is accountable for all product quality assurance activities, working with key stakeholders and engaging them to ensure higher standards of quality, improved customer perception, and reduced merchandise return levels.
- Leverage findings from targeted analysis to contribute to the Continuous Improvement process
- Act as the technical and functional product expert to assigned business categories
- Develop and implement programs to establish, maintain, and deliver high product quality to Vendors and Customers
- Guarantee QC agents are not passing packages that customers have returned or rejected.
- End to end quality leadership responsibility, provide and enhance quality control processes, both internally and externally, to ensure quality requirements are met
- Analyse data insights across transnational customer satisfaction, QA performance, NPS detractors and support escalations
- Evaluate the acceptability of product quality testing and deciding next steps
- Manage the counterfeit battle (working with Production) and wrong item fulfillment (working with Vendor Support Centre)
- Set direction for our support strategy through building cross functional relationships both internally and externally
Skills & Qualifications Required
- At least 5 years experience in quality inspections and quality management
- Proficiency in data analysis tools
- Experience with cross geographical project coordination and management.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and schedules.
- Understanding in a customer facing quality role
- Experience in directly-related quality assurance/quality control functions, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven technical acumen demonstrated within a manufacturing, quality or consumer products environment
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, low-structure, constantly changing atmosphere and prioritizing work appropriately
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures