Job opportunity available in Auchi Polytechnic as a Rector/2017/2018/ Apply Now
The Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, a first generation and well established institution, with its specific functions of rendering technology education, training and development of techniques in Applied Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Business Studies, Information and Communication Technology, Art & Design as well as other ramifications of learning.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Rector
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has general responsibility for matters relating to the day to day administration and management of the establishment subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
Qualification and Experience
- Must hold a Master’s Degree or Doctorate Degree from a recognized institution in any of the courses offered in the Polytechnic or closely related ones with a minimum of 15 years Professional and Administrative experience, of which at least five of it must have been earned in a Polytechnic.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer of nothing less than five (5) years experience on the rank from the Polytechnic sector.
- Applicant for the office of Rector must show evidence of excellent academic, administrative and visionary leadership initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial qualities.
- Must not be more than sixty (60) years of age as at the time of assumption of office..
- Must have NYSC Discharge Certificate or Certificate of Exemption.
- Must table evidence of membership of reputable professional body/bodies in Nigeria.
- Must provide proof of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Must be efficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Must be an impartial and dynamic individual with spotless reputation.
- Must enjoy strong physical and mental health (with proof from a government hospital).
- Must be morally sound/should not have a moral burden and free from financial problems.
- Must have the ability attract research grants and development facilities to the institution.
- Must be a person who does not pursue racial, ethnic, gender, political, religious or other sectional interests.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision with the capacity to maintain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging strains.
- Must be ready to encourage the on-going Federal Government change programme in the Polytechnic sector.
- Must be a person who respects constituted authority.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years and renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another term of four (4) years and no more.
The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the information in the order listed below:
- Full Names (Surname first and underlined).
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Marital Status.
- Number and Ages of Children.
- Current postal address including telephone number (GSM) and e-mail.
- Educational institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates.
- Membership of professional bodies/associations.
- Academic/scholarly publications: National and International (in APA format).
- Books published (where applicable).
- Honours and distinctions (if any).
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates. (National and international).
- Previous employer(s) and post(s) held with dates.
- Present employment to include status, salary, duties and any other important experience.
- Contributions to community and country.
- Other activities outside current employment e.g. consultancy etc.
- Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic.
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees (Employer, Educational and
- Personal) who are to forward confidential Reports directly to the Registrar, Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo State. Such referees should be able to testify to the candidate’s claims to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
All Applications are to be submitted in sealed envelope and marked “Application for the post of Rector” and addressed to:
The Registrar/Secretary to Council,
Note: Candidates will be required to show the originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted but must accompany the application. Candidates must also be prepared to support every claim with documentary evidence.
share this job post with your friends
Read More at: