Job available in Benue State University Markudi as a Registrar /2017/2018/ How to Apply
The Benue State University was founded in 1991 by the Government of Benue State. As the first State owned University in Northern Nigeria, the University’s goal is anchored on excellence and dedicated to creating knowledge and developing a complete mind capable of not only responding to the cultural, political and economic needs of the environment, but also setting the platform for change.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Makurdi, Benue
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible.
- The Registrar shall by virtue of the office, be Secretary to the Council, Senate, Congregation and convocation.
Qualification and Experience
- The prospective candidate must have acquired the rank of Deputy Registrar, possess a good honours Degree from a recognised University and must have at least fifteen (15) years’ cognate experience in University administration, Possession of a higher degree will be an added advantage while membership of reputable professional bodies is mandatory.
- Specifically, the candidate is expected to:
- Be a person with good leadership attributes who can inspire and motivate a crop of young officers for optimal Productivity,
- Be a person of high integrity who promotes merit and importance,
- Be a person who enjoys good physical and mental health;
- Be Computer literate/Proficient.
- The candidate must not be above the age of sixty (60) years by 1st October, 2017.
Conditions of Service
The appointment is for a period of five (5) years subject to one (1) year extension as maybe decided by council. The other terms and conditions of service are similar to those of public Universities in Nigeria consistent with the statutes of the University, and as may be determined by the Council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Applicants are to submit their applications in thirty (30) copies with photocopies of their certificates and detailed/signed Curriculum Vitae indicating:
- Full Names
- Place and Date of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Postal Address
- Nationality/State of Origin/LGA
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education. (including dates and institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (including distinctions with a dates)
- Work Experience and Positions held with dates
- Statement of Publications, including authorship stating contribution with evidence. Furthermore, names of the Journals in which the publications were made with dates should be indicated.
- Conferences/workshops/seminars attended and papers presented, if any, with dates
- Present employer, post and salary
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom shall be professionally qualified to assess and comment on the competencies of the applicant. In addition to stating the names and addresses of Referees, applicants should request them to forward references on their behalf under confidential cover to the Vice-Chancellor, Benue State University, Makurdi within six weeks of this advertisement.
All applications should be addressed to the address below with the post clearly marked on the envelope:
Benue State University,
- Candidates must include in their applications a signed statement of not more than five pages, detailing at least 5 strategic initiatives they would drive in the Bursary in support of the University’s vision and mission if given the chance.
Only applications of shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged
Read More at: