The ECOWAS is a group with 15 Member States in West Africa (three landlocked and one island) which has a populace of about 300million and a yearly economic progress rate of about 6%.
The ECOWAS Commission which is among the eight Regional Economic Communities supports and assists the African Union to synchronize the execution of continental and regional integration and development programmes in the West Africa.
ECOWAS is recruiting to the positions listed below:
1.) Planning, Policy and Gender Development Officer.
3.) Impact Evaluation Specialist.
5.) Assets Management Specialist 2.
6.) Programme Manager/Specialist (Youth and Sports).
7.) Trauma Surgeon.
8.) Sports Administrator.
9.) Technical Vocational Education and Training Analyst.
10.) Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (Youth and Sports).
11.) Gender Specialist.
12.) Mathematics Teacher.
13.) Physics Teacher.
14.) Women Empowerment and Peace Building Specialist.
15.) Chemistry Teacher.
16.) Human Resource Officer.
18.) Food Security, Nutrition and Surveillance Expert.
20.) Assets Management Specialist 1.
Location: Republic of Liberia
Category: ECOWAS International Volunteer
Type of Contract: ECOWAS Volunteers Programme. Non-Family Position
Expected Start Date: 2nd November, 2017.
Duration: One year, renewable (which depends on the availability of budget and satisfactory performance)
- The ECOWAS Youth and Sports Development Centre (EYSDC) which was created by the Decision A/DEC.13/01/05 of 19th January 2005 at Accra, Ghana is a focused Agency of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
- The Heads of States and Government agreed on a new way to advance to regional integration by acknowledging a vision called the ECOWAS Vision 2020 at the 32nd session of the ECOWAS Summit held in June 2007. The key aim of this global vision is to change from an «ECOWAS of States» to an «ECOWAS of Peoples» by the year 2020.
- The objective of EYSDC is to instigate, expand, organize and implement youth and sports programmes within the Community.
- Create a steady and permanent institutional framework within ECOWAS through which matters affecting Youth and Sports activities in the sub-region can be developed and endorsed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The incumbent is to organize the management of Ministry of Agriculture fixed assets which includes agro equipment, vehicles, land irrigation system and plants,
- Coordinate and be responsible for the management of assets across the fifteen counties of Republic of Liberia,
- Develop and control assets monitoring and tracking system,
- Build the capacity of local team in assets management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a bachelor degree in Agriculture Economics or other closely related fields
- Applicants must have 5 years experience in Farm Asset Management
- At least 3-4 years experience in a professional agriculture sales position, production, extension, education or finance position or
- 3-4 years experience in a related course with an agriculture milieu
- Applicants must have solid working experience of agriculture production
- Applicants must have productive analytical and problem solving skills
- Applicants must be able to identify and resolve day to day management issues
- Applicants must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- He/she must have a sense of initiative and anticipation
- He/she must have an understanding of volunteerism which is an important asset
- Applicants must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Applicants must be proactive and enterprising (i.e taking initiative);
- He/she must have good computer skills – Office Suite and
- Good inter-personal skills
- Excellent command of the English language (written and oral) is compulsory.
- Understanding of any other official language of ECOWAS (French or Portuguese) will be seen as an added advantage
Conditions of Service
To begin, a contract for 12 months will be offered with a vital Monthly Living Allowance of 412.5 USD or its equivalent in local currency.
- A settling grant will be paid at the beginning of the assignment and only where applicable and a resettlement grant will be made available at the end of the assignment.
- Life and health insurance cover for the occupant of the position will be provided.
- And other conditions of service as stated in the EVP management and Administration Manual and handbook of Conditions of service shall apply.
Application Closing Date
27 September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should ensure they submit their applications through email to: email@example.com with the heading: “Application for the Post of Assets Management Specialist 1.”
Composition of Application
- A signed letter of application/motivation sent to the EYSDC Director;
- A detailed and complete Curriculum Vitae listing specific skills and experiences of the applicant;
- Licensed copies of certificates, diplomas and work certificates.