BBC recruitment 2018/2019. We are aware of the number of persons who have expressed interest in joining the BBC workforce are very large, this has made us take it upon ourselves to ensure all our readers are at an advantage by providing them with all the vital information regarding the 2018 BBC recruitment. Kindly take your time to read this post carefully and also you are encouraged to share this with all your friends.
See How to apply for BBC Recruitment 2018/2019 – See Application Form Portal
We are recruiting
ob Title: Broadcast Assistant (Planning – Diary and Events)
Department: BBC World Service
Grade: Local terms and Conditions
Reports to: Deployments Editor, Lagos
The Broadcast Assistant will work with the Planning team keeping accurate and up-to-date records of news events, stories and planned coverage.
- You will liaise between the deployment editor and programme teams, assisting with filing or recording of material as requested.
- You will undertake administrative tasks as directed or on your own initiative.
- To provide operational support for the planning and production teams, helping to diarise newsworthy events and keeping a record of who is covering them and for which outlets.
- To play a key role in developing News’ diary system, establishing effective methods of communicating planning information to the Africa department and other parts of the BBC.
- To update News’ contacts lists, following up missing information and ensuring that all details are accurately recorded by producers and team members.
- To prepare briefs for production teams on guests and/or subject matters. On occasion, to pre-interview guests and to make accurate notes on these conversations.
- To book guests and make transport and technical arrangements to ensure that contributors get on air.
- To assist in studio and online production where required and under supervision e.g. timing programmes, checking material, coordinating interviews, liaising between producers and technical staff. On occasion, and under the supervision of more senior production staff, to record material and to operate simple studio equipment.
- To act as a point of contact for all BBC departments, outside contributors and guests.
- On occasion, to select, translate, edit and publish contributions to BBC output and contribute suggestions for treatment of stories in line with BBC guidelines and under supervision from Editors and Senior Broadcast Journalists.
- To organise and attend planning meetings and to record decisions, prepare and circulate documentation and co-ordinate tasks with different departments.
- To make travel arrangements and book accommodation as requested.
- To carry out programme-related administrative and secretarial duties. This will include recording programme costs, preparing contracts for payments, arranging payments of fees etc.
- To archive audio and video items, callers’ data and programme episodes and to undertake general housekeeping duties relating to productions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to work effectively in both written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to present complex information and ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload, react positively to situations at short notice and plan ahead.
- Ability to work under own initiative but also under direction, as required.
- Ability to translate text accurately from Hausa into English and vice versa under the supervision of the editors or SBJs.
- To proactively embrace new technologies, new ways of working and innovation.
- A keen interest in African and international news and current affairs.
- Experience of carrying out tasks where attention to detail is particularly important. A thorough and accurate approach to fact checking, note-taking and record keeping.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a fast-changing environment. Flexibility and adaptability, particularly under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities and circumstances.
- Good IT skills, including working with a variety of apps and software packages. Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous.
- Evidence of working effectively as part of a team.
- Drive and resilience to maintain personal effectiveness in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations.
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies:
- Editorial Judgement – demonstrates balanced and objective judgement based on an understanding of BBC editorial guidelines, target audience, programme and department objectives. Makes the right editorial decisions, taking account of conflicting views where necessary.
- Resilience – manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Flexibility – punctual and excellent time keeper and adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
- Creative Thinking – able to transform creative ideas into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
- Planning and organisation – able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
- Communication – able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Managing relationships and team working – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works cooperatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st February, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.