Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries OPEC, 2017 is now recruiting. Read through to get the requirements for applying.
The Job: PR Coordinator
Brief explanation of the job
The Public Relations & Information Department is responsible for presenting OPEC objectives, decisions and actions in their true and most desirable perspective, disseminating news of general interest regarding the Organization and the Member Countries on energy and related matters and carrying out a central information programme and identifying suitable areas for the promotion of the Organization’s aims and image.
The Job Objective
To help the Head of Department (HOD) in devising strategies for creating and keeping a positive public image for the Organization, and to coordinate the programme of the Public Relations Team, and in the execution of these strategies and related policies and decisions; to provide timely information through the most effective means to targeted audiences as well as the general public about OPEC.
- Establishes and maintains good network of media contacts and manages media relations through proactive communications by organizing interviews, inputs to editorial supplements, leveraging of OPEC reports etc.
- Advises on advert placements and, with the support of the Editorial and the Design and Production Services teams, on the appropriate editorial format and art work.
- Advises on and assists the Head of Department in initiating and coordinating programmes aimed at promoting the image of OPEC with its role of stabilizing the international oil market.
- Monitors public perceptions about OPEC as expressed in the press and at various formal and informal fora and prepares appropriate responses as necessary.
- Conducts briefings for visiting students and groups to the Secretariat.
- Advises and assists the Head of Department in elaborating concepts and approaches for increasing public and institutional awareness about the aims and objectives of OPEC as well as OPEC’s positions on topical issues.
Benefits and Status of Job
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade D reporting to the Head of Public Relations & Information Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
- Modern information practice and techniques
- Knowledge of audio-visuals an asset
- Membership of a professional public relations body
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative and integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Presentation skills
Qualifications (Educational) needed
- University degree in Public Relations, Media Studies, Journalism, Social Sciences or Advertising; Diploma/certificate in Public Relations
- Advanced degree or professional qualification in PR or journalism preferred
- 10 years in PR, whereof 2 years in supervisory/coordinating position
- 8 years in case of advanced degree or professional qualification
- English, other major languages are an asset
Take Note: All applicants should not be more than 58 years old of age and must be citizens of Member Countries of OPEC.
How to Apply For the OPEC recruitment 2017
Concerned applicants/candidates are expected to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor for OPEC (Click Here to get the Country’s Governor address).
Note: For your applications to be processed and considered, the application form and resume must get to the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor on or before the closing date
Deadline for application
November 27, 2017.