Every year, Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) funds five scholarships for excellent individuals from Nigeria and Ghana to attain the Master of Public Policy degree at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford. AIG Scholars will be expected, to go back to their home country and apply their learning experience as change mediators in their country’s public sector upon graduation. The AIG Scholarships are full scholarships covering fees, lodging and living expenses.
Application for the 2018 AIG Scholarship opens Monday, 14 August and closes Monday, 2 October, 2017
READ THESE DIRECTIONS, THEN CLICK THE PROCEED BUTTON BELOW
Please note that:
- Applicants who surface as finalists in the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection procedure will be expected to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford for admissions. Finalists who are offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be deemed fit by the university in the final selection of AIG Scholars.
- Only candidates chosen for the second round of the AIG Scholarships selection process will be informed, and asked to provide more information.
- Scholarship winners must be prepared to agree to return to their country of origin and work in the public sector of that country for at least three years, and be enthusiastic to sign a Bond to that effect
- Candidates must be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Candidates must be between the ages of 25 and 35 years
- You must have achieved an academic feat sufficiently advanced to secure admission to Oxford and the MPP programme. This means a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any course. For candidates with a degree from the USA, the least GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Educational and analytical excellence
- Strong dedication to public service
- Proven leadership potential and resultant impact
- Impeccable moral disposition
Applicants who reach the second stage of selection will be required to provide the following details.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full Academic Transcripts
- Academic and/or Professional References (four in totality). At least two of the references must be from people whom you learned from at university. The references should be mailed directly to AIG, and should confirm to the character and brain power of the candidate, which includes academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements. (References should not be provided by related to the applicants.)
- Personal Essay (should be no more than 1500 words) covering the following:
- Reasons for being interested in public service and public policy; illustrate the precise issue(s) or problem(s) you care about, your opinion on how this issue can be solved and how the resolution of this issue could impact the financial system as a whole.
- Why the AIG Scholarship and the MPP Programme at BSG-Oxford are vital to you and how you would make good use of this opportunity.
- The illustration of a personal challenge you have conquer or an achievement that you believe portrays your leadership potential, and the impact of that success.
- Two passport photographs
- New applicants should click on the “Start Application” button on the site menu and supply their essential information. Once you’ve submitted our essential information, you will immediately get an acknowledgement e-mail from the portal which contains a link that will make you proceed with the application process. Please ensure that you click on the link (or copy and paste the URL into your browser) to proceed with the application. You will be redirected to be application portal where you can continue and finish your application.
Please note that you will not receive an e-mail if your e-mail address is incorrect, non-functional or has been deactivated as a result of inactivity for a long period of time. You should therefore, ensure that your e-mail account is active and open before you start your application.
- Applicants that are returning should click on the “Continue Application” button on the site menu and log in with their email address and password.
** If you have any complaints or come across any challenges in the course of your application, Please send an email to email@example.com . Alternately, you may call the helpdesk on 07013472135, 08097178248 or send us a WhatsApp message via 07013472135.
Please note that you will upload a passport photograph with a maximum size of 50 kb