One of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria, Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) which operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Meter Engineer
- Assists the Head and Team Lead, Metering in the management of the metering operations of AEDC to grow the collectable revenue base in a judiciously.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Installs LPU/SPU meters
- Inspects customers’ LPU/SPU metering installations to attend to customers’ metering complaints.
- Monitors and certifies the work done by external meter installers
- Prepares & submits field reports
- All other official duties assigned to the incumbent
- Repairs broken down LPU/SPU meters
- Re-certifying of LPU/SPU metering installations
- At least Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering/Physics/Computer Engineering.
- 1 to 5 years experience
- Technical Metering Knowledge
He/she must have
- Customer Service Education
- Integrity and professionalism
- Perfect written & verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office application
- Working understanding of OSHA standards, codes, and health/safety issues which is an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and Communication skills
- Self-motivation and self-initiative
- Statistical and analytical skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Job Offer/How to Apply
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae or resume and a Cover Letter to: Metering.firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of the mail should be “Metering Engineer”. If any candidate fails to follow any of these instructions, it will lead to the disqualification of such candidate. The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
Note: Only soft copy of applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: 15th of September, 2017.