The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Transformation Officer (P2/NOB)
Requisition ID: 830200
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Partner with the business to understand their needs and operating environment in order to transform business requirements into solutions exploiting IT capabilities and focusing on business satisfaction.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Lead in the capturing, analyzing and documenting (i.e. through diagrams, flowcharts, data models, user experience designs, storyboards) business requirements for IT solutions and services following WFP policies, standards and strategies.
- Function as the bridge between TEC product focal points and Business owners within WFP and external counterparts for IT solutions and services delivery.
- Communicate business requirements to business counterparts, for a shared understanding of the requirements and effective implementation of strategies/plans.
- Baseline and track business requirements through to implementation ensuring efficient management of change.
- Project manage the deployment, implementation and scale-up of new solutions or new functionality with Technology Division (TEC) teams where applicable including testing and analyzing IT solutions and document the match against business requirements for quality and accuracy.
- Establish and maintain close partnerships with business counterparts to effectively meet their needs.
- Ensure the provision of enhanced business intelligence (BI)/analytics to support CO decision-making and risk mitigation measures, including the development and delivery of standardized dashboard and reports.
- Take full ownership of staff capacity building for the operation and maintenance of WFP-provided applications, including identification of capacity gaps, planning and arranging training and onboarding for system support and maintenance staff.
- Maintain up-to-date service catalogue of IT solutions offered to the business, including current, retired and those in the pipeline to ensure effective knowledge management.
- Manage alignment of IT service levels with SLAs for solutions or services focused on the business needs. Conduct survey on business satisfaction with IT solutions and services.
- Manage estimates, business cases, planning, risk identification, problem and issue management to ensure the effective delivery of IT solutions.
- Adhere to processes, procedures and templates for the Business Relationship Management, Business Analysis, and IT Project Management functions to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Other accountabilities as required
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Advanced University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/course.
- Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
- National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th November, 2023.