The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Assistant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 6 months renewable
- Conduct interview for institutional and official functions.
- Provide communication backstopping for exhibitions, events and institutional activities.
- Assist with content generation for IITA website.
- Assist with content creation for TikTok videos for uploads on IITA-TV YouTube channel.
- Generate and write stories for the institutional newsletters (bulletin and Talking Drums).
- Assist in covering stories related to crop breeding.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisors.
- HND / B.Sc in Mass Communication, English Language or related field with a minimum of two (2) years experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent English reporting, writing and oral communication skills.
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Have excellent interview skills.
- We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th October, 2023.