British Council Job Recruitment 2023/2024- The British Council is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant job positions in their organization. Interested candidates should kindly follow the job application guidelines below to apply successfully.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
The British Council works with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Major Investigations Support Manager
Pay Band: 7
Contract Type: Indefinite Contract
- The Global Examinations Business Assurance, Security and Risk (BASR) function ensures that there is internal and external confidence in the exams we deliver, protecting the reputation of our organization and UK Exam Board qualifications and standards while enabling fair testing environments for test takers worldwide.
- The Exams Major Investigations Support Manager will work within our Major Investigations team, which also works closely with the Counter Fraud Team, with a special focus on major fraud and malpractice cases related to all Exams products.
- As well as investigation work itself, the post-holder will be involved in looking at internal processes relating to exam integrity and delivery methods, including digital and remotely delivered testing, and will be a fully integrated member of the broader BASR function.
- The post-holder, who reports to Exams Major Investigations Manager, will contribute to ensuring all investigations are carried out in line with our investigation approach and methodology, that cases are appropriately managed and documented, and that findings and recommendations are analyzed and followed up in order to ensure learning and prevention across the organization
Internal customer focus:
- Builds an in-depth understanding of the particular operational context, opportunities, and challenges facing their specific internal customer(s), to ensure the outcome and analysis of investigations work contribute to risk mitigation and prevention.
- Consults closely with internal customers and other stakeholder to understand current and future business priorities, and produce work outputs accordingly to ensure the services and advice they provide is adaptable to circumstances
- Provides proactive professional advice and support to internal customers and stakeholders to ensure business practices within investigation functions expertise are high quality, effective, and compliant with relevant industry practices.
- Completes an annual cycle of formally recognized Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to maintain and deepen their professional expertise. Shares learning with relevant team members. Co-coordinates and contributes to the CPD of Exams Integrity investigators.
- Keeps abreast of investigation and test security development in the sector.
- Fully qualified or willing to work to the relevant professional accreditation (e.g. Fraud / Investigations) combined with a track record of practice in the field.
- Contributes to the development and delivery of training and guidance of other professionals in the field.
- Identifies opportunities for procedural improvements and determines the most appropriate mechanisms and processes for implementing those changes. Demonstrates awareness of relevant governance arrangements that relate to making system or procedural changes
- Makes technical/professional recommendations that have a measurable impact on local business performance (e.g. in terms of efficiency, quality, reliability, mitigation of risk)
- May participate as part of a team to support the implementation of policy or system at a corporate or global level within their area of functional expertise.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates must have a Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in related discipline.
- Experience in leading major and complex investigation cases. Must have demonstrated learning in the field of security, fraud, etc
- Professional qualification in a relevant field (e.g. Risk Management, Investigation, Anti-Fraud, Audit, Management). (Desirable only)
- Experience in developing others, either through training delivery, coaching, or mentoring in the field of fraud and investigations
- Experience in managing directly or indirectly geographically dispersed and diverse teams
- Knowledge and experience in the area of Exams Security and Exams Integrity
- An understanding of security and fraud challenges related to high-stakes testing
- The Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Excellent and demonstrable relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills, including producing high-level reporting for senior audiences
- Mindset for change and adaptation for working with new and evolving exam products, concepts, and delivery methods
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
British Council Recruitment Closing Date
24th September, 2023 at 23:59 East Africa Time
How to Apply for British Council Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online