WTS Energy Recruitment – Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates for the position of Senior Management Accountant. Interested persons should read the requirements and apply below.
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Management Accountant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Permanent
- The Senior Management Accountant supports management planning and decision making by providing analysis and reporting on key financial information emanating from business operations, cashflow, income, and expenses.
- The role also supports cost and revenue optimization by generating and monitoring forecasts, budgets, and risk analysis.
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Improve the company’s accounting operations, especially the control systems, transaction-processing operations, policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports on the company’s assets, financial performance, liquidity and main risks.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure timely preparation and review of financial accounts.
- Prepare timely, regular management accounts for the company.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS).
- Forecast cash flow positions and available funds for investment.
- Ensure sufficiency of funds to meet operational and capital investment requirements.
- Maintain relationship with company bankers.
- Maintain payment relationship with the suppliers.
Internal Control & Audit Management:
- Prepare Management Accounts for financial audit exercise.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for annual audit.
- Review the internal control processes including financial controls for likely submission to external auditors, upon request.
- Conduct and direct audits and ongoing reviews of organization controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Prepare Trial Balance with lead schedules for the control account balances for audit purposes.
- Review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls, compliance procedures and controls, and timeliness of documentation generation.
- Liaise with external auditors for the Prepare By Client (PBC) checklist and provide authorized feedback as necessary.
- Attend to auditors queries and complaints for immediate resolutions.
- Update the GL/Control Accounts with the approved audit adjustment journals.
Management of Taxes and Statutory Contributions:
- Advise on best practice for tax planning with appropriate tax rates full compliance and prevention of sanctions.
- Compute accurate taxes (CIT, EDT, WHT, VAT) based on standard rates and basis.
- Advise with approved memo for taxes payable.
- Ensure timely filing of tax returns (WHT & VAT) with all relevant authorities to avoid penalties and fines.
- Obtain information on taxes and statutory contributions from relevant designated authorities to update the internal business processes.
- Develop a robust policy on tax compliance, deductions, remittances and reporting.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years experience in accounting, treasury operations or corporate finance
- Audit experience with the big four is an added advantage
- Statutory obligations (Pension, HMO, Group Life)
- 13th Month
- Leave Allowance
- Bonus based on Company’s Performance
- Annual salary range is NGN 8m 11m.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply