Flutterwave Recruitment for Senior Legal Officer –Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the limited vacant position below.
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Officer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- This role oversees and supports the company with legal matters and propose appropriate and tailored legal solutions/advice for the benefit of the company.
- This role can support the company in fraud and litigation management, data privacy and intellectual property protection as well as regional services.
- Initiate and pursue legal proceedings on behalf of the Company with the assistance of external counsel
- Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, on and as when requested
- Advise on potential litigation matters (civil & criminal) that should be directed to external counsel
- Assist in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of company policies
- Provide sound and timely legal advice & opinions to the company and make recommendations to Management as necessary
- Attend client and committee meetings and offer advice as required while taking notes
- Preparing minutes of Meetings attended
- Liaise and maintain correspondence with the Company Secretary in ensuring timely statutory filings
- Ensuring the safety of the Company’s legal documents and the maintenance of the Company’s vault.
- Liaise with and assist external counsel with regards to their obligations to the company and maintaining an updated litigation schedule of the Company
- Advise on statutory compliances
- Research and prepare legal opinions on various civil matters including claims for compensation against the company
- Draft, amend, review and/or recommend modifications of related laws and regulations governing the company
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 4 years of experience post call to bar
- In-depth knowledge and technical understanding of the organization’s strategy & business, product and service offerings
- Must Possess integrity and professional ethics
- Must be well knowledgeable with legal requirements and control
- Familiar with industry practices and professional standards
- Must be proactive
- Key attention to details
- Team spirit.
- Excellent interpersonal communication at all levels (verbal and written)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to cope with high levels of responsibility and with confidential matters
- Excellent knowledge of industry, country laws and regulations covered by the company’s operations
READ MORE – Flutterwave Recruitment for Quality Assurance Engineer – Offline Business
FBN Holdings Plc Recruitment for Team Member – Audit, Cyber Assurance and Analytics
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply