Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria Recruitment for Finance & Admin Officer – We are recruiting Qualified and suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Admin Officer
Job Type: Full Time
- The Finance & Admin Officer together with other finance and admin team members will implement efficient finance activities and provide efficient administrative support for all categories of staff and external stakeholders to provide administrative and logistics support in the office.
- S/he will also work with the State Coordinator and other program team members in providing required support for the successful implementation of BA-Nigeria activities towards achieving the project objectives in a compliant manner.
- Ensure procurement of goods and services for the project are done according to USAID and institutional rules and regulations.
- Manage all field office petty cash transactions, ensuring proper documentation and physical cash control.
- Management of office fixed assets and inventory, ensuring all assets are tagged and updated in asset register and proper records are maintained for all office consumables to prevent waste and abuse. Carry out periodic asset physical asset verification and inventory stock-taking.
- Monitor budget expenditures against approved budgets.
- Review purchase orders, time and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for the project finance and senior management team;
- Work closely with relevant state staff to supervise and account for all safety equipment and supplies (First Aid and Fire extinguishers etc.) in all program offices.
- Conduct routine checks on all safety equipment to ensure they are in good and usable condition, and make recommendations when needed;
- Support the admin team in updating and managing vendor contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Assist in processing vendor and consultancy invoices.
- Ensure PAYE and Withholding Taxes are remitted before the last day of the month to the responsible parties.
- Ensures that all supporting documents are available and attached to the payment vouchers
- Withdraws cash from the bank for program activities and makes necessary disbursements after obtaining necessary approvals;
- Ensure all travel and activity advances from the field office are retired as at when due; adequate support documentation are provided and all unused funds refunded to project account in a timely manner.
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Provide necessary logistic support to prepare large meetings, trainings and workshops in the office and off-site.
- Together with relevant staff ensure that travel & logistics, welfare and support needs of visiting guests are met;
- Support in the maintenance and management of physical office space and project vehicles; including environmental cleaning, local transportation, maintenance of office equipment and appliances and meeting staff office needs;
- Prepare procurement documentation including RFQs, selection memos, local purchase orders, GRNs etc. using JHU/CCP formats
- Prepares source documents for both cash and check field payments
- Ensure office stationary are always available and stockouts are avoided;
- Additional duties assigned to by their supervisor
- Supervise the Finance and Admin Assistant and Driver(s)
- Review and approve timesheets for direct reports
- Perform performance appraisals for direct reports.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field (Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related finance field).
- 5 – 6 years’ NGO experience is required.
- Experience implementing USAID-funded projects in Nigeria is essential.
- Must be fluent in English.
READ MORE – African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Virtual Internship Program 2023 Portal
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Finance & Admin Officer, Abuja” as the subject of the mail
14th February 2023.
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc Recruitment for Technical Audit Officer