World Bank Group recruitment is currently ongoing, this article gives detailed guide on how to apply.
The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job #: req8670
Sector: Administration / Office Support
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- IFC – a member of the World Bank Group – is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries. It is committed to financing private sector businesses in emerging markets, mobilizing capital in the international finance markets, helping clients improve social and environmental sustainability and providing advisory services to governments and businesses.
- IFC Lagos, Nigeria Country Office is part of the sub-Saharan Africa Department responsible for all in-country investment and advisory services delivered to Nigeria mainly and other countries generally.
- IFC is seeking a competent Administrative Assistant, to be based in Lagos, to provide oversight for the office in areas of facilities, administration, operational procurement, reporting & analytics, amongst other duties.
- The selected candidate will report to the IFC Lagos, Nigeria Country Manager.
Role & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Ensures smooth operation of ongoing office administrative functions including environment, space, equipment, and information retrieval systems, etc.
- Serves as key liaison to the building Facilities Management Company, oversees their activities and ensures that established procedures for all building management, fire, life safety and security programs are followed for periodic inspections and staff emergency drills.
- Maintains a current table of head and seat counts in the office and space use and coordinates internal moves with local IT staff.
- Provides support to the real estate carbon footprint team by coordinating an effective Greening Program to minimize waste and user impact on the environment; implements effective post-occupancy energy and water management programs to reduce the building footprint.
- Oversees activities of hospitality and cleaning staff.
- Serves as backup to support staff on issues related to program activities, HR, front office, reception, IT, security, office events, logistics, etc.
- Undertakes ad hoc duties that may be assigned by the Country Manager or designated Acting Country Manager
- Orients new staff at all levels regarding unit’s administrative operations and work guidelines.
- Receives and attends to all facilities related issues in an organized, communicative and transparent manner and provides status and follow-up documentation to the Country Manager and Facilities Officer.
- Manages an asset program for IFC-owned furniture, equipment and fixtures.
- Reviews all contractor invoices and recommends for payment as appropriate. Attends to all procurement matters concerning procurement for office facilities.
- The position requires a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with 7 – 9 years’ experience in administration, facilities and procurement. The person must have excellent communication skills, ability to juggle multiple tasks and independently work through highly diverse and intricate work routines, processes and procedures.
- Strong project management skills, related certification a plus.
- Experience in office and facilities management
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Able to research and draft quality written materials or review adherence of written materials prepared by others to administrative requirements.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills. Ability to diplomatically communicate with clients at all levels, as well as local government authorities and contractors. Effective interpersonal, communication and listening skills, excellent sense of client orientation, and drive for results.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills to effectively manage outsourced office facilities staff and other vendors to deliver integrated services
- Technology and systems knowledge – Has proficiency of latest technology relevant to assigned responsibilities. Demonstrates initiative in learning and/or supporting implementation of emerging technology and systems relevant to effective work of the unit.
- Project and task management – Able to organize, coordinate, monitor and implement tasks and projects.
- Client Orientation – Able to establish partnership-based working relationships with internal/external clients. Demonstrates independence, initiative, and autonomy in addressing clients’ needs.
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th October, 2020.