How to apply for Embassy of Belgium in Abuja Job Recruitment 2020/2021 – The Embassy of Belgium is looking for suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
we are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title: Driver
The Embassy of Belgium in Abuja is recruiting a Driver, who will function as a ‘driver’:
- Ensure the safe transport of people (internal or external to the post) or property (mail, various equipment, etc.) within the planned deadlines, to defined places and in accordance with the beneficiaries, the environment and local driving regulations and rules of conduct, in order to support the post in its daily organisation.
Non-exhaustive list of tasks:
- Before each journey, prepare the best route by consulting maps, GPS, etc. according to the state of the roads and the traffic, weather conditions, etc.
- Collect or drive personnel or visitors of the post to meetings/external activities following the route best suited to the times.
- Load/unload the goods transported and help people to carry their luggage and equipment (even if heavy).
- Complete books or other documents concerning the various trips.
- Use a smartphone before and during the routes.
- Drive an armoured car.
- Collect or drive visitors to and from the airport during and outside of usual working hours (late arrivals or departures, weekends, etc.).
- Take care of the necessary formalities (customs, airport, money exchange, etc.).
- Transport or collect goods, equipment, mail, luggage, etc. to pre-defined places and at pre-defined times,
As a “person responsible for the vehicles and for the related repair and maintenance equipment”:
- Properly maintain the vehicles and the related repair and maintenance equipment in order to minimize the risk of breakdowns and to keep the equipment clean and in good working order.
- Ensure that the documents connected with the vehicles used comply with the laws and other regulatory provisions of the country and with the internal rules and procedures in order to avoid problems with the local authorities.
Non-exhaustive list of tasks:
- Take the vehicle(s) to the garage for servicing and maintenance.
- Take the vehicle(s) to the technical inspection or to a similar authority.
- Take the appropriate administrative steps for securing the compliance of all the documents required for the vehicle (new vehicle registration, insurance, circulation tax etc.).
- Make sure that these documents are up to date and present in the vehicle when travelling.
- Ensure car tank is filled with fuel/gasoline ( especially before the weekend.
- Guarantee the internal and external cleanliness of the vehicle(s).
- Ensure sufficient stocks of spare parts for repair and maintenance.
- Qualification: Primary Education and/or relevant experience
- Valid driving license.
- Previous work for an international organisation, Embassy, Consulate or diplomatic/consular personnel is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Proof of ability (certificate of training) to drive an armoured vehicle.
- Fluent speaking, writing and reading in English is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
Key Competencies and Required Skills:
- Be able to work in a team: Contribute to a good team spirit and a good atmosphere at work by: sharing ideas and useful information, listening to the opinions of others, participating in the service’s activities, being prepared to help spontaneously or on request and combining strengths, avoiding and resolving disputes.
- Be able to adapt/Be flexible: Adopt a flexible attitude, adapt to changes in various situations. Be flexible in terms of the roles and tasks allocated, working hours and, if necessary, the place of work.
- Be capable of developing yourself: Constantly attempt to progress in your job and, if necessary, take initiatives to develop new skills according to available resources.
- Invest in order to achieve your goals: Be involved, do your utmost and show your wish to achieve your goals and the goals of the service and/or the post. Take responsibility for the quality of the actions undertaken.
- Be service-oriented (internal and external users): Give priority to the needs of users (internal and external) and offer a fast, proactive, personalised, effective service (with the required transparency and integrity) and establish constructive contacts.
- Show respect: Show others respect and be open to their ideas, their opinions, their differences, whether cultural or other. Accept procedures and instructions in accordance with oneself and others.
- Be reliable/trustworthy/loyal: Act honestly, in accordance with the job’s requirements, respect ethical principles, including confidentiality and integrity, respect your commitments and avoid any form of partiality.
- The monthly gross salary is 166,725 NGN.
- Monthly transport and housing allowance is 44,743 NGN.
- 8% pension contribution is withheld.
- Accepted medical expenses are reimbursable at 90%.
- 24 working days holidays a year.
- Overtime paid when work beyond office hours and only if on explicit request of employer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications to: Abuja.Job@diplobel.fed.be adhering to the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Subject line: Driver Belgian Embassy – Your name
- Only electronic submissions sent in 1 email, containing the following information will be accepted:
- Application Letter,
- Copy of driving license,
- Copy of certificate of driver’s armoured vehicle training,
- Any additional and useful documentation
- The attached resume or curriculum vitae must provide the necessary information.
- Additional documentation must support/address the requirements listed above (e.g. Degrees, Certificates, Previous job contracts, etc.).
- The application letter must be type-written and signed, apply specifically for this position, and address the minimum requirements as advertised.
- Electronic submissions cannot be larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments ONLY in PDF and Word formats, NOT pictures.
- Emails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All non-resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered
Application Closing Date
Application deadline is on the 23rd August, 2020.