Commonwealth Youth Correspondent Programme 2020 – This is to inform the general public about the Commonwealth Youth Correspondent Programme 2020 which is targeted at young leaders ad writers in the country.
About Commonwealth Youth Correspondent Programme
Commonwealth Correspondents are aspiring youth leaders or talented writers who contribute their articles, photos and videos about local, national and international issues to the YourCommonwealth.org website on a voluntary basis.
Each article is around 300 to 600 words in length, while videos are under five minutes. If an article needs further work to enhance it, the Correspondent will receive guidance from the editorial team to develop the article. The final draft of the article or video is then published on the website.
Qualification and Requirement
Interested Applicants must;
- be 15 – 29 years old. If you are under 18 years old, please ask a parent or guardian to email us and grant permission for you to participate
- be a national of a Commonwealth country (https://thecommonwealth.org/member-countries) even if you do not currently reside there
iii. attach two (2) writing samples of no more than 600 words each (see below) or a video of no more than 5 minutes in length
- attach a good quality headshot (see below)
If your application is accepted, you will be required to
- submit at least five contributions in the first year, and at least two in every subsequent year, to be considered active.
- adhere to the Editorial Code of Conduct which can be found here – (http://www.yourcommonwealth.org/contribute/editorial-code/)
How to Register
Interested and qualified candidates shouldClick here to Apply
Closing Date for Commonwealth Youth Correspondent Programme 2020/2021
Interested applicants are advised to submit their applicants online on or before 31st of July 2020.