U.S. Embassy Abuja Job Recruitment 2020 – This is to inform the general Public that United State (U.S.) Embassy to Nigeria is recruiting eligible candidates to fill the vacant positions in the Embassy.
About U.S. Embassy
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Liaison Office Assistant (CLO Assistant) – Employees of Mission
- The Community Liaison Office Coordinator serves all USG employees and family members stationed at Post.
- The Community Liaison Office Assistant (CLO Assistant) assists the CLO Coordinator in the development and management of post programs to maintain high morale of community members.
- S/he identifies needs within the post community and responds with effective programming, information, resources and referrals.
- Additionally, s/he works under the loose supervision of the CLO and interact independently with CLO clientele to develop CLO materials/programs, and to generate ideas for CLO events. Top secret clearance is required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience: Minimum of one (1) year of secretarial and administrative experience is required.
- Job Knowledge: Knowledge of proper and efficient secretarial and office management procedures as practiced by the U.S. Mission Nigeria is required.
- Education Requirements: Completion of Secondary School or received high school diploma
- Evaluations: This may be tested.
- Language: Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, use of PC, and the ability to type 40 wpm is required. Effective communication and strong organizational skills is required. Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and work on several tasks jointly is required.
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- High School Diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Next Step After Application
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria
Application Closing Date
The deadline for submitting of application online is on the 2nd July, 2020.