With the Premier League set to resume on Wednesday, June 17, the race for the prestigious Golden Boot award is as well primed to kick off in earnest.
Up to three players including Jamie Vardy and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang stand in a pole position to cart home the award.
Aubameyang was joint-winner of the accolade last season, sharing it with Liverpool pair Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah.
And it appears the contest for the award could once again go down to the wire this season ahead of the resumption of the campaign.
Vardy is currently topping the charts with an impressive 19 goals and has a two-goal head start when action resumes.
The Leicester striker has enjoyed a terrific campaign under Brendan Rodgers, scoring 11 goals between October and December before he suffered a short-term injury.
He will, however, have to contend with competition from Aubameyang who has 17 goals to his name and Salah who is joint-third on the charts with Sergio Aguero on 16.
Meanwhile, there are three others who have an outside chance of winning the award, including Wolves’ Raul Jimenez, Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham and Dominic Calvert-Lewin of Everton all who have 13 strikes each.
Here are the top 10 EPL top scorers so far as the race for the Golden Boot heats up ahead of restart:
1. Jamie Vardy (Leicester) – 19 goals
2. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal) – 17 goals
3. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – 16 goals
4. Sergio Aguero (Man City) – 16 goals
5. Danny Ings (Southampton) – 15 goals
6. Sadio Mane (Liverpool) – 14 goals
7. Marcus Rashford (Man United) – 14 goals
8. Raul Jimenez (Wolves) – 13 goals
9. Tammy Abraham (Chelsea) – 13 goals
10. Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton) – 13 goals