PROSTATE CANCER is a serious health condition all over the world. In this post you will find all you need to know about prostate cancer and how to prevent it or treat it.
WHAT IS PROSTATE
An organ found only in the men. It is located deeply at the base of the male organ and secrets fluid that protects and nourishes sperms.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON SYMPTOMS OF PROSTATE CANCER
- Pains while urinating or ejaculating
- Sudden urge to urinate, especially at night
- Trouble starting to urinate or holding back urine
- Blood in urine
- Lower back pains
- Unable to have an erection
WHAT TO DO IF THESE SYMPTOMS OCCUR
- Go to a doctor and get checked
- If cancer is detected, it can be treated if detected in time
- Don’t worry; most people with this symptoms do not always have cancer
HOW COMMON IS PROSTATE CANCER
- Prostate cancer is the cancer most diagnosed in men
- It is the leading cause of cancer-related death in Nigerian men
- It is the second leading cause of cancer –related death in men worldwide after skin cancer.
- You are at risk of having prostate cancer if any of your brother or father has ever suffered from prostate cancer. A family history.
WHAT CAN I DO TO REDUCE RISK
- Eat foods high in fruits and vegetable and low in fats
- Keep a health weight
BREAST CANCER: CAUSES, SYMPTOMS AND PREVENTION
The breast consists of billions of cells. These cells multiply and replace old ones in a regular pattern. In cancer, the cells multiply excessively and uncontrollably. Breast cancer is a malignant tumor that usually start in the inner lining of milk ducts or the lobules that supplies milk. It can spread to other parts of the body. Majority of breast cancer cases occur in females. Breast cancer rates are much higher in developed nations, with possibly life-expectancy being one of the key factors.
What is your view on this. Let us know on facebook