The Management of Federal Medical Centre, Owo hereby invites applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the below vacant position:
Job Title: Medical Director (CEO)
Location: Owo, Ondo
- The Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution. He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
- The Medical Director executes policies and matters affecting the everyday management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Interested candidates must have the qualifications stated below:
Applicants must be Medical or Dental practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria of not less than twelve (12) years Post qualification;
- Applicants must be members of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent registerable by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria;
- Applicants must have been Consultants for atleast five (5) years;
- Applicants must be medically fit;
- Applicants must be of good character, integrity and presence;
- Evidence of Medical research is an added advantage;
- Administrative qualification and experience is also an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is a necessity.
Salary & Allowances
Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of Officer.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should place Twenty (20) copies of application letters and Curriculum Vitae with copies of all important documents in a sealed envelope to be submitted and addressed to:
The Director of Administration,
Federal Medical Centre, Owo,
Michael Adekunle Ajasin Road,
- Candidates should enclose his/her Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than a 1000 word.
- The Curriculum Vitae should include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, at least one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of not less than twenty-five (25) years post qualification experience and who should be able to testify to the candidates academic, professional and managerial capabilities as well as moral character and uprightness.
- Recommendation letters from the referees should be sent directly to the above address by the referees.