The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground to support children’s survival, protection and development in 190 and territories countries.
The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, promotes quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is totally sponsored by the voluntary donations of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Assistant
- The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) is a 3-year (2015-2018) UNICEF-funded early primary grades reading pilot project implemented in partnership with FH1360, in partnership with the Federation of Muslim Women’s Associations in Nigeria, governments of Katsina and Zamfara states correspondingly.
- RANA aims to improve literacy and numeracy for girls and boys in primary grades 13 in the supported states. It is established to assist 100 formal Schools and Integrate Qur’an Schools (IQS) in each of the states.
Minimum Employment Standard
- Expertise in community mobilization, stakeholder’s analysis and strategic planning.
- Computer literate and skillful in the use of Word Processing, Spreadsheets; outstanding in Report Writing, Oral and Interpersonal Communication Skills.
- Demonstrate experienced in coordination of community based meetings, setting realistic priorities, and planning for successful implementation of RANA activities.
- Practical experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of community development projects is a great plus.
- Should be a Degree holder with at least one year relevant experience with International Development Programme.
- Show ability to work with Government, Partners and/or Local Government structures, and school settings.
- Established expertise in Hausa language.
- S/he should be able to make independent decisions and measures in his/her field of activity.
- Must be a resident of one of the three supported Local Government Areas (i.e Batsari, Kankia or Rimi LGAs)
Method of Application
Concerned and qualified candidates should forward their resume (CV) and a cover letter in a single Microsoft Word or PDF document to:
Only selected candidates will be contacted and applications will be sent by electronic means (via e-mail) with the job title and locations clearly indicated as the subject will be well thought-out.
Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2017.
Click Here to read more