First bank of Nigeria (first bank) is Nigerian’s prevailing financial service institution by total assets and gross earning, rendering service to more than 10 million customers. Not less than 750 branches of this our financial institution is installed in several regions providing a ample range of retail and corporate financial service.
First bank has acquired international presence through the foreign subsidiaries including FBN bank (UK) limited in London and Paris, in some African countries namely FBN bank DRC, FBN bank Gambia, FBN Bank Guinea, FBN Bank Sierra-Leone and FBN Bank Senegal, as well as its ambassador offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We therefore inform you to fill the position below for recruitment.
Job Title: Head, Strategy and Corporate
Requisition ID: 17000IF
Location: Head Office, Lagos
Job Code: STR/SCD/191
Job type: Full Time
IN DEPTH DESCRIPTION
- The bank is presently executing some effective strategies designed to brace up its selling essence and enhancing functional competence and efficacy across numerous reach point. In regard to this drive, we seek to recruit competent and highly experienced individuals with the outstanding potentials to fill the vacancy above.
- The field is opened to both internal and external applicant endowed with tactical insight, excellent technical knowledge, feasible hands-on skill, wide range exposure and excellent report of success and accomplishments.
Discrete account to the MD/CEO, the ideal applicant will manage the strategic planning and development course and process for First Bank and its subsidiaries which includes FBN UK, First pension custodian, FBN Mortgages, FBN Bank Ghana, FBN Bank Sierra Leone, FBN Bank Congo, FBN Bank Guinea FBN Bank Senegal and FBN bank Gambia. He/she will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and communicate the strategic plans for the Bank and its subsidiaries
- Develop and manage yearly strategic plan process and corporate process initiatives ensuring that employees comprehend the details of the strategic and how their work bond up to the commercial goals.
Reporting to the MD/CEO, the ideal candidate will coordinate the strategic planning process for FirstBank and its subsidiaries, which includes FBN UK, First Pension Custodian, FBN Mortgages, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Sierra Leone, FBNBank Congo, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Senegal and FBNBank Gambia. He/she will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and communicate the strategy for the Bank and its individual subsidiaries.
- Develop and coordinate annual strategic planning process and corporate planning initiatives, ensuring that employees understand the details of the strategic plan and how their work connects to the corporate goals.
- Take ownership of decision making that sustains organizational change, test whether the decisions being made across the organization are aligned with the strategy and are creating the desired results and decide on basis of outcome analyses, whether to stay on track or to change direction.
- Develop and coordinate cyclical strategic planning process and corporate planning initiatives, leading with a focus towards maximizing market share, shareholders wealth and increasing profit by translating strategic objectives into practical plans and goals.
- Provide Executive Management with global and regional business scenarios and ad-hoc analyses as required; identify new business growth opportunities or potential operational risks; advising best options to proceed.
- Candidates must have sound knowledge of the global financial markets with good understanding of the micro/macro-economic dynamics and how they impact the financial services sector.
- Successful candidates must be self-driven, very energetic, highly resourceful and versatile with exceptional leadership capabilities.
- A good University degree or its equivalent in any related field. Higher degrees and/or relevant professional certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant experience spanning Strategy Development & Implementation, Business Reengineering, Process Transformation, Project Management and Change Management.
- Solid understanding of the global financial services sector and micro/macro-economic dynamics and how they impact the sector.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in development and delivery of corporate and operational strategy and models in a large commercial bank will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong financial modeling, quantitative and analytic skills; and understanding of specialized industry issues.
- Excellent leadership qualities and experience in general administration management roles with track record of achievement and results.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasive, documentation and analytical skills.
- Highly developed influencing skills, capable of communicating the big picture in approachable language.
1How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Also Apply For FIRSTBANK MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE PROGRAMME (FMAP – EXTERNAL)